Plum back on ice vs. Kiski Area
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Almost 20 days will have passed for the Plum varsity ice hockey team since its last game, an 8-3 setback to Pine-Richland on Dec. 19, but the Mustangs will have a chance to get back on track Monday against Kiski Area on familiar ice.
The home game with the Cavaliers at Pittsburgh Ice Arena in New Kensington is set for 8:20 p.m.
Plum is 3-5-1 on the season, and the Mustangs hope to be able to start a push up the ladder in the PIHL Class AA standings with a win against Kiski, which enters the new year with a 2-8 record.
The Cavaliers play Gateway on Thursday before the meeting with Plum.
Plum also is hoping to get on another winning streak, as it had won three games in a row after an 0-5-1 start.
That streak was stopped right before Christmas in at the hands of Pine-Richland. The Rams have been a thorn in the sides of the Mustangs players, as Pine-Richland also dealt Plum a 6-4 defeat on Nov. 5.
The Mustangs continue to boast two of the top players in points in all of Class AA.
Junior Joe Randazzo scored two goals against Pine-Richland on Dec. 19, and he now has 16 goals on the season to go along with four assists.
Senior Andrew Walters tallied the other goal against the Rams and added an assist, and he has 13 goals and 11 assists through nine games played.
Seniors Todd Ruggiero and Nick Sciulli each recorded assists against Pine-Richland.
The Rams broke open a 1-1 tie with four straight goals in the second period.
Michael Love is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5825 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Crews battling Oakmont church blaze
- Bloodhound team searching for former athletic director, Greensburg official
- Botched FBI raid in Bellevue stings feds for $100K
- Judge denies request to lift gag order in Ford case
- Judge lifts order blocking racy state emails
- Crosby limited in early return to Penguins training camp
- Rossi: The series that will define these Pirates
- Steelers’ Timmons looks to reverse defense’s struggles
- Latrobe group cancels raffle, seeks ticket holders for refunds
- Penguins’ new 3rd jersey similar to early 1990s version
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Westmoreland crash