Crusaders, Colts fill up Class AA all-star roster
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Bishop Canevin and Chartiers Valley hockey teams will square off in a rematch of the Crusaders' 6-5 win on Feb. 21.
But on Feb. 20, members of the teams will work together during the PIHL Class AA all-star game.
Nearly half the Class AA Southwest Conference All-Star Team – 10 of 21 roster spots – will be made up of Colts and Crusaders.
Bishop Canevin has five players on the Southwest roster, led by senior forwards Austin and Patrick Large. The twin brothers lead the Crusaders in points as Patrick has recorded 15 goals and 13 assists while Austin has nine goals and 11 assists.
Defensemen senior Matt Bilski and junior Brennan Adams also made the team. Adams has recorded two goals and five assists while Bilski has six assists.
Goalie Nikita Meskin also made the team. The junior has a 6-1-1 mark, recording a 2.1 goals against average.
Meskin's save percentage if 90.7 is one of the best in Class AA.
The Colts also have five athletes who made the team. They are led by juniors Cullen McMahon and Anthony Franks. They are not only the leading scorers for Chartiers Valley but for all of Class AA.
McMahon had recorded 31 goals and 13 assists while Franks has recorded 19 goals and 24 assists.
They will be joined by senior Sean Brkovich and junior Tyler Stevenson. Brkovich has nine assists on the season while Stevenson had four goals and 13 assists.
Goalie Noah Stevenson also made the team. The senior has an 86.6 save percentage with a 6-2-1 record.
Chartiers Valley coach Sean Biancaniello will lead the Class AA team. In his first-year as coach, he has led Chartiers Valley to an 8-3-1 mark.
Senior defender Rich Monti was named an alternate. Monti is third on the team in scoring with six goals and 13 assists.
Keystone Oaks seniors Ryan Ribeau and Ryan Rosato will be part of the Northeast Conference All-Star Team during the Open Class all-star game.
Rosato has recorded 18 goals and nine assists for the Golden Eagles this season while Ribeau has contributed 12 goals and 12 assists.
The all-star games will be held on Feb. 10 at the Robert Morris Island Sports Complex.
The Open Class game gets underway at 11 a.m. while the puck drops at 3 p.m. for the Class AA game.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5813 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers film session: Harrison on the field often
- Steelers are vowing to fix the costly penalties, lack of self-discipline
- Mental health facility won’t take Franklin Regional stabbing suspect as patient
- Prosecutors float possibility of jail time for former Justice Melvin
- Body found in Allegheny River near Clemente Bridge
- 20 improbable Pirates wins in 2014
- Controller recommends hiring to reduce 911 center overtime
- Charter school founder’s court hearing must remain open
- Healthy again, Penguins’ Dupuis eager for game action
- Gunfire plagues New Kensington
- Fundraising under way for Indiana County newborn struck by stray bullet