Quaker Valley's Bouchard is named PIHL player of the month
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Quaker Valley senior center Clayton Bouchard was named a PIHL player of the month for December on Monday after he scored three goals and had 11 assists in five games.
His December score sheet included two assists in a 4-1 win over Freeport, an assist in a 5-0 win over Thomas Jefferson, three assists in an 11-1 win over Greensburg Central Catholic, two goals and two assists in a 10-0 win over South Fayette, and a goal and three assists in an 8-1 win over Westmont Hilltop.
Bouchard is a four-year starter and is a captain this season.
“He is the most unselfish player we have, always passing first, shooting second,” coach Kevin Quinn said on the application. “His stats (in December) are similar to his career.
“He also is very disciplined – zero penalty minutes on the month and very few penalties for his whole career. He also is the top student in our program with a 4.4 GPA and is a National Honor Student.”
Bouchard also plays travel hockey for the Pittsburgh Vipers.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Rutherford shines as old boss pouts
- Crane tips over, smashes into roof of building at Pitt
- ‘Boyz of Zummer’ Wiz Khalifa, Fall-Out Boy light it up at First Niagara
- LaBar: What’s killing professional wrestling
- Former Jeannette coach held for trial on charges of assault on teen girls
- Liriano, Pirates complete sweep of Tigers
- Lower Burrell couple charged with 6 misdemeanor counts of animal cruelty
- Young Nebraska girl’s organs give 2 Pittsburgh-area boys a chance to live
- Hurricanes owner rips Rutherford, Penguins
- Penguins’ Kessel ‘thrilled’ with chance to play with Crosby, Malkin
- Death toll from capsized Philippine ferry rises to 50