Quaker Valley's Bouchard is named PIHL player of the month
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Quaker Valley senior center Clayton Bouchard was named a PIHL player of the month for December on Monday after he scored three goals and had 11 assists in five games.
His December score sheet included two assists in a 4-1 win over Freeport, an assist in a 5-0 win over Thomas Jefferson, three assists in an 11-1 win over Greensburg Central Catholic, two goals and two assists in a 10-0 win over South Fayette, and a goal and three assists in an 8-1 win over Westmont Hilltop.
Bouchard is a four-year starter and is a captain this season.
“He is the most unselfish player we have, always passing first, shooting second,” coach Kevin Quinn said on the application. “His stats (in December) are similar to his career.
“He also is very disciplined – zero penalty minutes on the month and very few penalties for his whole career. He also is the top student in our program with a 4.4 GPA and is a National Honor Student.”
Bouchard also plays travel hockey for the Pittsburgh Vipers.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: It’s past time for NFL to protect players
- Steelers players say they support Tomlin’s attempts at deception
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger reported symptoms that led to his exit vs. Seahawks
- Steelers stalled by Seahawks, on outside of AFC wild-card picture
- Week 12 — Steelers-Seahawks gameday grades
- Steelers notebook: Seahawks’ Sherman gets better of WR Brown
- Family of man accused of shooting St. Clair officer say allegations don’t fit his character
- Muslim civil rights group seeks investigation into shooting of Pittsburgh taxi driver
- Community comes together to mourn death of St. Clair police officer
- Pennsylvania Game Commission reaps revenue from shale gas under game lands
- Sports Deli is latest tenant to say goodbye to Parkway Center Mall