Quaker Valley's Bouchard is named PIHL player of the month
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
Quaker Valley senior center Clayton Bouchard was named a PIHL player of the month for December on Monday after he scored three goals and had 11 assists in five games.
His December score sheet included two assists in a 4-1 win over Freeport, an assist in a 5-0 win over Thomas Jefferson, three assists in an 11-1 win over Greensburg Central Catholic, two goals and two assists in a 10-0 win over South Fayette, and a goal and three assists in an 8-1 win over Westmont Hilltop.
Bouchard is a four-year starter and is a captain this season.
“He is the most unselfish player we have, always passing first, shooting second,” coach Kevin Quinn said on the application. “His stats (in December) are similar to his career.
“He also is very disciplined – zero penalty minutes on the month and very few penalties for his whole career. He also is the top student in our program with a 4.4 GPA and is a National Honor Student.”
Bouchard also plays travel hockey for the Pittsburgh Vipers.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Maatta not a top rookie finalist
- Indictment alleges scheme defrauded government of $10 million
- Steeler testifies he didn’t know he was stabbed at first
- Pa. men to plead guilty to smuggling equipment to Middle East
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- ‘Save Chatham’ protesters ordered to leave Shadyside campus
- State College restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Highmark’s insurance profit falls 40%
- Duquesne teachers accept fact-finder recommendations for contract
- Alaska’s Iditarod Trail challenges Unity couple