Local roundup: Ford City hockey routs Baldwin
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ford City's hockey team waited until the second period to pull away from Baldwin on Thursday night.
The Sabers used six second-period goals to bury Baldwin, 9-2, at Belmont Complex in Open Class action. Ford City (15-2-1) and Baldwin (11-7-1) each scored once in the game's first three minutes, and they remained tied until Eric Lindey netted the go-ahead goal late in the opening period.
Luke Gross led Ford City with a hat trick. Lindey, John Phelps and Jesse Valasek each finished with two goals. Phelps and Valasek also earned two assists, while Joe Cippel registered three.
Adam Cogley made 10 saves in net for the Sabers.
Kenny Dee scored twice for Baldwin, and Ryan Beerman made 18 stops in goal.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kang’s 9th-inning home run gives Pirates wild victory over Twins
- Rossi: ‘Hockey guy’ Sutter will be missed
- Steelers’ Wheaton adjusting his game moving to slot receiver
- School credit ratings a problem for several in Western Pennsylvania
- Pirates notebook: Prospect Tucker unaware of ‘trade’ frenzy
- Penguins trade Sutter to Canucks, sign free agent center Fehr
- Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell gets suspension, fine reduced
- Van Halen plays plenty of favorites in First Niagara show
- 5 face trial in beating of black man in Pittsburgh
- More than 100 stamp bags confiscated in Greensburg; 4 arrested
- Hempfield cyclist to cool wheels in jail during appeal