Local roundup: Ford City hockey routs Baldwin
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ford City's hockey team waited until the second period to pull away from Baldwin on Thursday night.
The Sabers used six second-period goals to bury Baldwin, 9-2, at Belmont Complex in Open Class action. Ford City (15-2-1) and Baldwin (11-7-1) each scored once in the game's first three minutes, and they remained tied until Eric Lindey netted the go-ahead goal late in the opening period.
Luke Gross led Ford City with a hat trick. Lindey, John Phelps and Jesse Valasek each finished with two goals. Phelps and Valasek also earned two assists, while Joe Cippel registered three.
Adam Cogley made 10 saves in net for the Sabers.
Kenny Dee scored twice for Baldwin, and Ryan Beerman made 18 stops in goal.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Americans detained in North Korea call for US help
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown
- On border of Westmoreland, Fayette, Jacobs Creek section is sacred spot
- Syrian rebels, government clash in Golan Heights
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- Trial near for Shaler man paralyzed in Pittsburgh police shooting
- Rossi: Cole perfect pitcher to start pivotal series for Pirates
- Baldwin native McNulty’s storied legal career leads to Grove City post