Local roundup: Ford City hockey routs Baldwin
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ford City's hockey team waited until the second period to pull away from Baldwin on Thursday night.
The Sabers used six second-period goals to bury Baldwin, 9-2, at Belmont Complex in Open Class action. Ford City (15-2-1) and Baldwin (11-7-1) each scored once in the game's first three minutes, and they remained tied until Eric Lindey netted the go-ahead goal late in the opening period.
Luke Gross led Ford City with a hat trick. Lindey, John Phelps and Jesse Valasek each finished with two goals. Phelps and Valasek also earned two assists, while Joe Cippel registered three.
Adam Cogley made 10 saves in net for the Sabers.
Kenny Dee scored twice for Baldwin, and Ryan Beerman made 18 stops in goal.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- It’s business, but not as usual in Pittsburgh
- High risk, reward with 1st-round quarterbacks in NFL Draft
- Spirit Airlines lifts fortunes of Arnold Palmer Regional Airport
- Rossi: Penguins’ best bet is on Martin
- Young defensemen make case for future with Penguins
- Hempfield Area team wins ‘Battle of the Bots’
- From injuries to front office, Penguins’ season didn’t lack drama
- NFL Draft preview: QB crop thin after top 2
- Rossi: Crosby, Malkin didn’t sign on for this
- Million-dollar charitable effort aims to help Homewood kids
- Camera prevalence approaches sci-fi realm