Local roundup: Ford City hockey routs Baldwin
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ford City's hockey team waited until the second period to pull away from Baldwin on Thursday night.
The Sabers used six second-period goals to bury Baldwin, 9-2, at Belmont Complex in Open Class action. Ford City (15-2-1) and Baldwin (11-7-1) each scored once in the game's first three minutes, and they remained tied until Eric Lindey netted the go-ahead goal late in the opening period.
Luke Gross led Ford City with a hat trick. Lindey, John Phelps and Jesse Valasek each finished with two goals. Phelps and Valasek also earned two assists, while Joe Cippel registered three.
Adam Cogley made 10 saves in net for the Sabers.
Kenny Dee scored twice for Baldwin, and Ryan Beerman made 18 stops in goal.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers add cornerback, cut roster to 53
- Rossi: Baseball needs a new schedule
- Pirates rout Cardinals to keep things interesting in NL Central
- Steelers remain confident in defense
- State lawmaker proposes increasing cost of fishing licenses
- Pirates reliever Liz new, improved
- Dozens of cats rescued from trash-filled home in Arnold
- Berry wins Steelers’ punting job; Wing traded to Giants
- LaBar: Best next opponent for Brock Lesnar
- Marine from Mt. Oliver honored for fire rescue
- Connellsville Area School District to honor Hall of Fame inductees