Local roundup: Ford City hockey routs Baldwin
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ford City's hockey team waited until the second period to pull away from Baldwin on Thursday night.
The Sabers used six second-period goals to bury Baldwin, 9-2, at Belmont Complex in Open Class action. Ford City (15-2-1) and Baldwin (11-7-1) each scored once in the game's first three minutes, and they remained tied until Eric Lindey netted the go-ahead goal late in the opening period.
Luke Gross led Ford City with a hat trick. Lindey, John Phelps and Jesse Valasek each finished with two goals. Phelps and Valasek also earned two assists, while Joe Cippel registered three.
Adam Cogley made 10 saves in net for the Sabers.
Kenny Dee scored twice for Baldwin, and Ryan Beerman made 18 stops in goal.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates, Worley edge Brewers, 1-0, move to cusp of playoffs
- Pirates notebook: Bucs set single-season attendance record
- Woodlands Foundation toasts FedEx Ground volunteers at Butterfly Ball
- Inside the glass: Penguins’ Martin, Ehrhoff look comfortable together
- Police say rifle carried by suspect in state trooper ambush found
- How to take good care of kitchen appliances
- Ex-etiquette: As kids age, consider change in visitation schedule
- Sole Highlands HS twirler follows in grandmother’s footsteps
- Duquesne Light hires new operations vice president
- Concept Art sale is big on local big-name artists
- Pitt notebook: Receiving depth up in the air