Leader Times roundup: Armstrong hockey wins 4th in a row
By Staff Reports
Published: Friday, Nov. 22, 2013, 1:54 a.m.
It took a few games for Armstrong hockey to start winning, but now it might never stop.
Hunter Grafton had three goals and three assists to send the Riverhawks to their fourth consecutive win, 7-3 over Erie Cathedral Prep on Thursday at the Belmont Ice Complex.
Luke Gross had two goals and an assist, and John Phelps and Christian Miller had a goal and an assist each for Armstrong (4-2-0), which scored five third-period goals to break open a 2-2 tie. Taylor Smouse made 17 saves in the win.
Shane Cross, Jacob Ordos and John Colvin scored for Cathedral Prep (3-2-1).
Freeport 11, Bishop McCort 2 — Cole Hepler, Eric Waddell and Robert Reichenbaugh each scored a hat trick to put Freeport (1-1-2) in the win column for the first time this season at the Belmont Ice Complex.
Hepler finished with a team-high five points, and Mickey Frazetta had a team-high three assists. Katie Hill made 11 saves to earn the win in goal for the Yellowjackets, who were 3 for 3 on the power play.
Anthony Formica and Connor Bunn scored on the power play for Bishop McCort (1-4-0).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Former PPG executive indicted in fatal NH crash
- Kovacevic: No science to solving power play
- Wilkinsburg woman, 24, dies in crash
- SCI-Pittsburgh inmate taken to AGH after ‘severe beating’
- Alaska’s Iditarod Trail challenges Unity couple
- Heyl: Even crooks know UPMC’s full of it
- Eddie Merlot’s steakhouse attracts with menu, wines, decor
- Pennsylvania Gov. Corbett wants candidate Wolf to release tax records
- Belle Vernon firefighter faces harassment charges