Leader Times roundup: Armstrong hockey wins 4th in a row
TribLIVE Sports Videos
It took a few games for Armstrong hockey to start winning, but now it might never stop.
Hunter Grafton had three goals and three assists to send the Riverhawks to their fourth consecutive win, 7-3 over Erie Cathedral Prep on Thursday at the Belmont Ice Complex.
Luke Gross had two goals and an assist, and John Phelps and Christian Miller had a goal and an assist each for Armstrong (4-2-0), which scored five third-period goals to break open a 2-2 tie. Taylor Smouse made 17 saves in the win.
Shane Cross, Jacob Ordos and John Colvin scored for Cathedral Prep (3-2-1).
Freeport 11, Bishop McCort 2 — Cole Hepler, Eric Waddell and Robert Reichenbaugh each scored a hat trick to put Freeport (1-1-2) in the win column for the first time this season at the Belmont Ice Complex.
Hepler finished with a team-high five points, and Mickey Frazetta had a team-high three assists. Katie Hill made 11 saves to earn the win in goal for the Yellowjackets, who were 3 for 3 on the power play.
Anthony Formica and Connor Bunn scored on the power play for Bishop McCort (1-4-0).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McCutchen, Pirates cruise past Twins
- Steelers unfazed by Brady suspension saga
- Beaver County widow won’t lose home over $6.30 late fee
- Police: Scottdale man had child porn on computer
- Gibsonia’s Saad shows off Stanley Cup at 911th Airlift Wing
- Judge adds 2 years to sentence of Baldwin Borough man acquitted of murder
- Steelers’ Wheaton adjusting his game moving to slot receiver
- Housing Authority to treat Brookline senior complex for bedbugs
- Plum High School teacher held for court on charges of intimidation
- Pirates notebook: Prospect Tucker unaware of ‘trade’ frenzy
- Driver accused of crashing head-on into Ligonier officer’s SUV waives right to preliminary hearing