Armstrong rallies to beat Latrobe, 10-6
TribLIVE Sports Videos
In running its winning streak to five games, Armstrong hockey collected its most impressive victory to date.
The Riverhawks scored the final four goals of the game to break a third-period tie and beat reigning state champion Latrobe, 10-6, on Monday at the Kirk S. Nevin Arena in Greensburg.
Christian Miller posted a hat trick for the Riverhawks (5-2-0), while John Phelps, Luke Gross and Hunter Grafton had two goals each.
Phelps broke a 6-6 tie by scoring an unassisted goal with 8:03 left in the game.
Nick Long had Armstrong's other goal, and Taylor Smouse made 15 saves. Brendan Johns had two goals to lead Latrobe (3-3-0), including the goal that tied the game early in the third period.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- MLB commissioner: Pirates’ success starts in the front office
- Pirates notebook: Locke makes bid for final rotation spot, Tabata cut
- Westmoreland officials fear loss of impact fees
- Spring training breakdown: Pirates 4, Twins 2
- Couple taken into custody after 8-hour standoff in Hempfield
- Players respect coach, refuse to blame Johnston
- Falling demand for steel not likely to reverse any time soon
- Rogue Catholics in Society of St. Pius X to reopen West End church
- Lawrence County father, son charged with running illegal video gambling machines
- Region’s Goodwill spends $51.6M in 2014, report says
- First trailer for Pittsburgh-shot ‘Southpaw’ hits the Internet