Armstrong rallies to beat Latrobe, 10-6
TribLIVE Sports Videos
In running its winning streak to five games, Armstrong hockey collected its most impressive victory to date.
The Riverhawks scored the final four goals of the game to break a third-period tie and beat reigning state champion Latrobe, 10-6, on Monday at the Kirk S. Nevin Arena in Greensburg.
Christian Miller posted a hat trick for the Riverhawks (5-2-0), while John Phelps, Luke Gross and Hunter Grafton had two goals each.
Phelps broke a 6-6 tie by scoring an unassisted goal with 8:03 left in the game.
Nick Long had Armstrong's other goal, and Taylor Smouse made 15 saves. Brendan Johns had two goals to lead Latrobe (3-3-0), including the goal that tied the game early in the third period.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Tiny black weevils booming in W.Pa.
- Pirates notebook: Taillon headed for surgery, Richard traded
- Russian winger Plotnikov could join Penguins in August
- Pirates can’t overcome long rain delay, Indians in interleague setback
- New Penguin Kessel’s shot is what makes him special
- America’s path to freedom reflected in region’s numerous historic sites
- Ex-teammates say Kessel unfairly criticized
- Facelift approved for historic La Rose building in Greensburg
- ‘Wax weed’ worries authorities
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Indians, July 4, 2015
- Gorman: Barnstorming tour bigger than baseball