Armstrong rallies to beat Latrobe, 10-6
TribLIVE Sports Videos
In running its winning streak to five games, Armstrong hockey collected its most impressive victory to date.
The Riverhawks scored the final four goals of the game to break a third-period tie and beat reigning state champion Latrobe, 10-6, on Monday at the Kirk S. Nevin Arena in Greensburg.
Christian Miller posted a hat trick for the Riverhawks (5-2-0), while John Phelps, Luke Gross and Hunter Grafton had two goals each.
Phelps broke a 6-6 tie by scoring an unassisted goal with 8:03 left in the game.
Nick Long had Armstrong's other goal, and Taylor Smouse made 15 saves. Brendan Johns had two goals to lead Latrobe (3-3-0), including the goal that tied the game early in the third period.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Bubble players get last chance to impress Steelers
- Steelers accomplish mission to get younger, faster on defense
- Locke struggles again early, Pirates lose again in Milwaukee
- Asking price for Penguins franchise said to be at a record $750M
- Roundup: U.S. bank earnings up 7.3% in 2nd quarter; IMF warns China slowdown threatens global economy; more
- Adrian man sentenced to 10 years in prison for sex crimes
- American to halt 2 direct routes from Pittsburgh International
- Pa. business interests decry EPA ozone proposal as economic albatross
- Family affair for Charleroi HOF inductions
- U.S. stocks bounce back from precipitous drop
- Western Pennsylvania schools’ denial of access to roofers prompts suit