Armstrong rallies to beat Latrobe, 10-6
TribLIVE Sports Videos
In running its winning streak to five games, Armstrong hockey collected its most impressive victory to date.
The Riverhawks scored the final four goals of the game to break a third-period tie and beat reigning state champion Latrobe, 10-6, on Monday at the Kirk S. Nevin Arena in Greensburg.
Christian Miller posted a hat trick for the Riverhawks (5-2-0), while John Phelps, Luke Gross and Hunter Grafton had two goals each.
Phelps broke a 6-6 tie by scoring an unassisted goal with 8:03 left in the game.
Nick Long had Armstrong's other goal, and Taylor Smouse made 15 saves. Brendan Johns had two goals to lead Latrobe (3-3-0), including the goal that tied the game early in the third period.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- Reflecting frustration, Webb eyes presidency
- 5 arrested on firearm, drug charges in Spring Hill
- Allegheny County adoption event joins 40 children with families
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Mears savors success, credits legendary Lange for guidance, inspiration
- Derry water outage may be resolved by 5 p.m. Sunday, authority says
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North
- Shooting victims live with bullets to survive, thrive
- Boy with fake gun dies after being shot by Cleveland cop