Armstrong rallies to beat Latrobe, 10-6
TribLIVE Sports Videos
In running its winning streak to five games, Armstrong hockey collected its most impressive victory to date.
The Riverhawks scored the final four goals of the game to break a third-period tie and beat reigning state champion Latrobe, 10-6, on Monday at the Kirk S. Nevin Arena in Greensburg.
Christian Miller posted a hat trick for the Riverhawks (5-2-0), while John Phelps, Luke Gross and Hunter Grafton had two goals each.
Phelps broke a 6-6 tie by scoring an unassisted goal with 8:03 left in the game.
Nick Long had Armstrong's other goal, and Taylor Smouse made 15 saves. Brendan Johns had two goals to lead Latrobe (3-3-0), including the goal that tied the game early in the third period.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Liriano strikes out 12, leads Pirates past Mets
- Pirates notebook: Substance rule a sticky subject
- Vietnam veterans recall their service — and those who didn’t make it home
- Montoya passes Power on final lap to win Indy 500
- War memories remain strong for 94-year-old Manorville veteran
- Unquestionable courage & sacrifice
- Outdoor notices: May 25, 2015
- Connellsville board set to tackle budget
- His memories of WWII are more than ‘Slightly Dangerous’
- Motorcyclist killed after striking pole in Penn Township
- Ex-Baldwin, Pitt star Pinkston not giving up on NFL dream