Freeport-Deer Lakes hockey game postponed
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Mother Nature made an early, unwelcome appearance during this winter sports season.
Snowy weather forced the hockey game scheduled Tuesday night between Freeport and Deer Lakes at the Ice Connection in Valencia to be postponed.
The game was to be the first of three meetings this season between the Yellowjackets (1-1-2) and the Lancers (2-3-0). The early lead in Section 4-A on the line.
The Yellowjackets have more than a week until their next game.
Freeport will host Thomas Jefferson (3-3-1) at 7:35 p.m. Dec. 5 at the Belmont Ice Complex.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- W.Va. smoking ban a strong precedent, advocates say
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- Former Clairton, Pitt cornerback Coles enrolls at Duquesne
- Rossi: Cole perfect pitcher to start pivotal series for Pirates
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job
- Western Pennsylvania workers’ names echo different career paths
- Northampton man has four major drug arrests in Western Pa. since 2009
- Pirates notebook: Bucs unlikely to make trade before deadline