Freeport-Deer Lakes hockey game postponed
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Mother Nature made an early, unwelcome appearance during this winter sports season.
Snowy weather forced the hockey game scheduled Tuesday night between Freeport and Deer Lakes at the Ice Connection in Valencia to be postponed.
The game was to be the first of three meetings this season between the Yellowjackets (1-1-2) and the Lancers (2-3-0). The early lead in Section 4-A on the line.
The Yellowjackets have more than a week until their next game.
Freeport will host Thomas Jefferson (3-3-1) at 7:35 p.m. Dec. 5 at the Belmont Ice Complex.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Robbery, other counts held against Glassport suspect
- Pirates come back to take series from Padres
- Rain plays havoc with American Legion teams
- Starkey: Is this Huntington’s best Bucs team?
- East Deer police chase ends in arrest
- Pirates notebook: Kang settling in to comfort zone
- Mother of Wilkinsburg toddler found dead in ravine charged with her murder
- 92-year-old Rostraver home invasion victim questioned by suspect in court
- Mt. Pleasant Borough councilwoman swaps role to deliver ‘apology’
- Weather puts county emergency operations into ‘storm mode’
- U.S. job openings stay high, but actual hiring falters in May