PIHL Penguins Cup playoffs roundup: Pine-Richland wins in overtime
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Kyle Cunningham scored an unassisted power-play goal in overtime to give Pine-Richland (12-8-1) a 5-4 victory over Mt. Lebanon in the first round of the Class AAA playoffs Monday night. Cunningham had two goals and an assist. The Blue Devils (6-14-1) were led by Reed Farber's two goals.
Upper St. Clair 7, Shaler 1 — Austin Cassidy scored three goals and had an assist to lead Upper St. Clair (7-14) in a Class AAA preliminary-round game. Matt Finn added a goal and four assists for USC. Braedon Harbison scored for Shaler (6-15).
Bishop Canevin 7, North Hills 2 — Blaine Adams scored three goals, and teammate Randy Unger, who led Class AA in points during the regular season, added a goal and three assists in a Class AA first-round victory for Bishop Canevin (21-2). Jordan Gayso and Brett Berner scored for North Hills (10-13).
Erie Cathedral Prep 7, Chartiers Valley 4 — Joe Kelly scored twice as Erie Cathedral Prep (17-4-2) won a Class AA first-round matchup. Cullen McMahon scored three goals for Chartiers Valley (11-12).
Freeport 6, Westmont Hilltop 2 — Stone Haberstroh and Cole Hepler scored two goals apiece for Freeport (15-5-2) in its Class A first-round win.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Harrison rejects criticism of disorderly conduct ordinance
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds
- Ford City explores beefing up code enforcement
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- RX Fit brings cross-training to Ford City
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Western Pa. districts aim to win back students from cyber charters
- Carnegie Mellon University picks architect for business school