PIHL Penguins Cup playoffs roundup: Penn-Trafford beats North Allegheny in overtime
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Jacob Miller's goal in overtime — his third of the game — propelled No. 5 Penn-Trafford (14-8) to a 5-4 victory over No. 4 North Allegheny in a PIHL Class AAA Penguins Cup quarterfinal game Thursday at Warrendale Bladerunners.
The Warriors opened a 2-0 lead after first-period goals by Patrick Cortazzo and Miller, but the Tigers (12-8-1) rallied with three consecutive goals to pull ahead.
Miller's goal in the third period gave Penn-Trafford a 4-3 lead before Martin Hubert tied the game with less than a minute to play.
Peters Township 4, Seneca Valley 1 — Behind a pair of Adam Alavi goals, No. 2 Peters Township (17-4) earned a victory in the Class AAA quarterfinals. Brian Baker made 25 saves for the Indians.
Pine-Richland 4, Butler 2 — Nicholas Jenkins, Andrew Vislosky, Matthew Cole and Andres Binotto scored to help No. 6 Pine-Richland (13-8-1) to a Class AAA victory. Jacob Campbell and Connor Scott scored for No. 3 Butler (13-8).
— Staff reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates pitching prospect Kingham undergoes Tommy John surgery
- Penguins GM Rutherford ‘wouldn’t make’ Despres trade today
- Starkey: Kang story of the year for Pirates
- Officer: Munhall driver in fatal crash was going too fast to make turn
- Man’s body found hours after disappearance on Youghiogheny River
- Jefferson-Morgan captures first WPIAL softball title in school history
- Eighty-year-old man died in South Fayette fire
- Healthy defensive back Mitchell eager for 2nd season with Steelers
- Chevron settles fatal well fire lawsuit for $5 million
- International counterfeiter sentenced in Pittsburgh to 7 1/2 years in prison
- Task force to plot ways of easing gas glut in Pennsylvania via pipelines