Belle Vernon Area honors senior student athletes
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Belle Vernon Area Athletic Department honored the school's senior athletes during the annual Senior Athletic Awards Banquet at the Willow Room in Rostraver Township.
All of the school's senior athletes were given awards and several seniors were given special awards.
The special awards included:
•Richard Dolfi Award (football) to Tyler McCullough.
•John Granish Award (boys soccer) to Alan Robinson.
•Thomas Flook MVP Award to Lauren Kovalchuk.
•Tom Zubritsky Heart of Courage to Heather Wells.
•Delance Stanley Award (boys basketball) to Jesse Kallam.
•Sasha Zuro Basketball Scholarship to Jessica Slagus.
•Chris Williams Memorial Award (baseball) to Joe Simsic.
•Mike Fenyar Memorial Softball Scholarship to Molly Gauden.
•James Weir Memorial Award to Kelcie Sztroin.
•Ryan Moravec Memorial Track & Field Award to Matthew McCloskey and Jessica Slagus.
•U.S. Marines Student Athlete Award to Seth Manack (male) and Natalie Bashada (female).
•U.S. Army Student Athlete Award to Adam Ferita (male) and Cori Krempasky (female).
•Inspiration Award to Hal Perry.
In addition to the presentation, National Student Athlete Day was observed and all student athletes with a GPA of 3.0 or above received a certificate from the National Student Athlete Day Foundation.
The awards were presented by the various varsity coaches, along wth BVA Athletic Director Jesse Cramer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Large-scale batteries are integral in shift to renewable energy
- Western Pennsylvania residents chill about forecasters’ spat
- Shale oil, gas finds put Mon Valley on path to renaissance, leaders say
- Water process eyed for 2 parks in Allegheny County
- All signs positive for Pitt junior forward Johnson
- Rules hamper Franklin Regional attack victim scholarships
- Pitt students clean up Mon Valley neighborhoods for annual service day
- Pitt’s defense has not rested in post-Donald era