Belle Vernon Area honors senior student athletes
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Belle Vernon Area Athletic Department honored the school's senior athletes during the annual Senior Athletic Awards Banquet at the Willow Room in Rostraver Township.
All of the school's senior athletes were given awards and several seniors were given special awards.
The special awards included:
•Richard Dolfi Award (football) to Tyler McCullough.
•John Granish Award (boys soccer) to Alan Robinson.
•Thomas Flook MVP Award to Lauren Kovalchuk.
•Tom Zubritsky Heart of Courage to Heather Wells.
•Delance Stanley Award (boys basketball) to Jesse Kallam.
•Sasha Zuro Basketball Scholarship to Jessica Slagus.
•Chris Williams Memorial Award (baseball) to Joe Simsic.
•Mike Fenyar Memorial Softball Scholarship to Molly Gauden.
•James Weir Memorial Award to Kelcie Sztroin.
•Ryan Moravec Memorial Track & Field Award to Matthew McCloskey and Jessica Slagus.
•U.S. Marines Student Athlete Award to Seth Manack (male) and Natalie Bashada (female).
•U.S. Army Student Athlete Award to Adam Ferita (male) and Cori Krempasky (female).
•Inspiration Award to Hal Perry.
In addition to the presentation, National Student Athlete Day was observed and all student athletes with a GPA of 3.0 or above received a certificate from the National Student Athlete Day Foundation.
The awards were presented by the various varsity coaches, along wth BVA Athletic Director Jesse Cramer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Policy to suspend employees with felony charges does not apply to Kane
- Warrant issued for former Munhall borough manager after failing to appear for trial
- Starkey: Burnett writing incredible final chapter
- In 2005, Cosby said he got drugs to give women for sex
- House explodes in North Braddock
- Officials: F-16, small plane collide in midair over South Carolina
- Federal, Indiana authorities raid home of Subway spokesman
- 6 PSU, Pitt, WVU players on watch lists for Maxwell, Bednarik awards
- Trial in Monessen homicide of drug dealer nears start
- Alvarez’s walk-off single lifts Pirates over Padres
- 22 new fire hydrants to be installed in Irwin