WPIAL moves playoff games to Wednesday
TribLIVE Sports Videos
WPIAL officials decided Monday to postpone all postseason contests scheduled for Tuesday, in anticipation of storm damage caused by Hurricane Sandy as it moved into Western Pennsylvania.
All WPIAL field hockey, boys and girls soccer and girls volleyball playoff games were moved to Wednesday at the same sites and times.
— Staff report
At North Allegheny
Penn-Trafford vs. Fox Chapel, 8 p.m.
Sewickley Academy vs. Shady Side Academy, 6 p.m.
Peters Township vs. Canon-McMillan at Baldwin, 8 p.m.; Upper St. Clair vs. Pine-Richland at Chartiers Valley, 8 p.m.
South Fayette vs. Quaker Valley at Hopewell, 8 p.m.; Mars vs. Belle Vernon at Gateway, 8 p.m.
Sewickley Academy vs. Greensburg Central Catholic at Hampton, 8 p.m.; Riverside vs. Serra Catholic at Hopewell, 6 p.m.
Peters Township vs. Gateway at Baldwin, 6 p.m.; Seneca Valley vs. Bethel Park at Chartiers Valley, 6 p.m.
Mars vs. Belle Vernon at Gateway, 6 p.m.; Moon vs. Central Valley at Ambridge, 8 p.m.
Greensburg Central Catholic vs. Shady Side Academy at Hampton, 6 p.m.; Sewickley Academy vs. Mohawk at Ambridge, 6 p.m.
Oakland Catholic vs. Chartiers Valley at North Hills, 7:30 p.m.; Mt. Lebanon vs. Pine-Richland at West Allegheny, 7:30 p.m.; North Allegheny vs. Peters Township at Chartiers Valley, 7:30 p.m.; Fox Chapel vs. Upper St. Clair at North Allegheny, 7:30 p.m.
Hopewell vs. Elizabeth Forward at West Allegheny, 6 p.m.; Indiana vs. Seton-La Salle at Seneca Valley, 6 p.m.; Freeport vs. Ambridge at Seneca Valley, 7:30 p.m.; Mars vs. South Fayette at North Hills, 6 p.m.
Greensburg C.C. vs. Chartiers-Houston at Baldwin, 6 p.m.; West Shamokin vs. Shenango at North Allegheny, 6 p.m.; OLSH vs. Serra Catholic at Baldwin, 7:30 p.m.; Bishop Canevin vs. Riverview at Chartiers Valley, 6 p.m.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- High school football notebook: State record possible for South Fayette QB
- Jobs on state website include ‘private party dancing,’ ‘car dates’
- White woman sues sperm bank for giving her donation from black man
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell aware of need to reduce penalties
- Girl missing for 12 years rescued in Mexico; mother arrested
- VIA Festival in Pittsburgh stays on cutting-edge for music, visual/video art
- Pirates notebook: Nutting says team may ‘stretch’ for Martin
- Consol Energy cutting retiree health benefits, phasing out pension
- Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Office seeks halt to sheriff’s sale of Conneaut Lake Park
- Mexico expected to free former Marine soon
- Sloppy Dogzz? Yeah, but the taste is what matters in Lower Burrell