BC volleyball falls in PIAAs
By Nathan Smith
Published: Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2012, 8:53 p.m.
The Bishop Canevin girls volleyball team saw its season come to a close as it fell to Clarion, 3-0, in the opening round of the PIAA Class A playoffs.
The Lady Crusaders fell by scores of 25-18, 25-19 and 25-21.
It was the second straight loss for Bishop Canevin as it fell to Greensburg Central Catholic, 3-0, in the WPIAL Class A title match. The two losses come after the squad won 13 straight games.
Several members of the Bishop Canevin football team received postseason honors as they were named to the Black Hills all-conference team.
Five members of the defense made the team as senior linebacker Mike Dunn, defensive back Nico Dipaolo and defensive ends Jim Tersak and John Bridge and junior linebacker Mike Deschon were all honored.
Senior wide receiver Mike Tambellini and offensive lineman Jim Dlugos made the offensive team.
Tambellini was also named to the special teams squad as a punter.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 412-388-5813.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Kovacevic: No science to solving power play
- Preview of Wednesday’s Reds-Pirates game
- ACC announces Pitt’s opponents for next 2 seasons; Powell signs with Dukes
- Pirates notebook: MLB metes out suspensions
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder
- Pennsylvania Gov. Corbett wants candidate Wolf to release tax records
- SCI-Pittsburgh inmate taken to AGH after ‘severe beating’
- Steelers pick up defensive end Heyward’s option for 2015 season
- Penguins notebook: Gibbons skates, status for Game 4 still unclear