BC volleyball falls in PIAAs
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Bishop Canevin girls volleyball team saw its season come to a close as it fell to Clarion, 3-0, in the opening round of the PIAA Class A playoffs.
The Lady Crusaders fell by scores of 25-18, 25-19 and 25-21.
It was the second straight loss for Bishop Canevin as it fell to Greensburg Central Catholic, 3-0, in the WPIAL Class A title match. The two losses come after the squad won 13 straight games.
Several members of the Bishop Canevin football team received postseason honors as they were named to the Black Hills all-conference team.
Five members of the defense made the team as senior linebacker Mike Dunn, defensive back Nico Dipaolo and defensive ends Jim Tersak and John Bridge and junior linebacker Mike Deschon were all honored.
Senior wide receiver Mike Tambellini and offensive lineman Jim Dlugos made the offensive team.
Tambellini was also named to the special teams squad as a punter.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 412-388-5813.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Crosby, Malkin didn’t sign on for this
- Penguins’ Malkin: ‘We’re not a championship team’
- Cole shuts down Diamondbacks as Pirates open road trip with victory
- Penguins eliminated with Game 5 overtime loss to Rangers
- First Amendment experts decry Plum authorities’ warning to students
- Fleury valiant in defeat
- All Pennsylvanians to pay more, GOP gleans from report on Wolf’s tax plan
- Rangers’ defensive plan against Penguins was unwavering
- Pittsburgh man identified as Manchester shooting victim
- 2 Hempfield Area students charged with sexting
- Pitt introduces Barnes as athletic director