BC volleyball falls in PIAAs
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Bishop Canevin girls volleyball team saw its season come to a close as it fell to Clarion, 3-0, in the opening round of the PIAA Class A playoffs.
The Lady Crusaders fell by scores of 25-18, 25-19 and 25-21.
It was the second straight loss for Bishop Canevin as it fell to Greensburg Central Catholic, 3-0, in the WPIAL Class A title match. The two losses come after the squad won 13 straight games.
Several members of the Bishop Canevin football team received postseason honors as they were named to the Black Hills all-conference team.
Five members of the defense made the team as senior linebacker Mike Dunn, defensive back Nico Dipaolo and defensive ends Jim Tersak and John Bridge and junior linebacker Mike Deschon were all honored.
Senior wide receiver Mike Tambellini and offensive lineman Jim Dlugos made the offensive team.
Tambellini was also named to the special teams squad as a punter.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 412-388-5813.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Range Resources to pay $4.15M fine, close old gas drilling impoundments
- Crosby, Malkin to miss start of Penguins camp
- Steelers defense a long way from ‘greatest of all time’
- Mini parks coming Friday to Pittsburgh parking spaces
- PennDOT worker injured in Beaver County
- Parents keep children home from Brookline schools after threat
- Events with alcohol help libraries raise funds for extras
- Video posted online captures Wilkinsburg child’s injuries
- Starkey: Two amazing Pirates fans
- Police: Cardinals RB Dwyer head-butted wife
- Charges filed against man shot by police in Bell Township