BC volleyball falls in PIAAs
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Bishop Canevin girls volleyball team saw its season come to a close as it fell to Clarion, 3-0, in the opening round of the PIAA Class A playoffs.
The Lady Crusaders fell by scores of 25-18, 25-19 and 25-21.
It was the second straight loss for Bishop Canevin as it fell to Greensburg Central Catholic, 3-0, in the WPIAL Class A title match. The two losses come after the squad won 13 straight games.
Several members of the Bishop Canevin football team received postseason honors as they were named to the Black Hills all-conference team.
Five members of the defense made the team as senior linebacker Mike Dunn, defensive back Nico Dipaolo and defensive ends Jim Tersak and John Bridge and junior linebacker Mike Deschon were all honored.
Senior wide receiver Mike Tambellini and offensive lineman Jim Dlugos made the offensive team.
Tambellini was also named to the special teams squad as a punter.
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 412-388-5813.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Pederson had to go at Pitt
- Pederson’s 2nd tenure as the athletic director at Pitt comes to abrupt end
- Businessman responds to Brewster shale tax proposal
- Teen who accused Clairton police of brutality pleads guilty to lesser charges
- Greensburg pit bull advocacy group plans fundraiser in Homestead
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason
- QB Smith is chief concern for Steelers’ defense
- Tax break extension bill has goodies for Mon-Yough area
- Chryst returns home, named football coach at Wisconsin
- Philly DA says no affidavits claimed by AG Kane in bribery case existed
- Steelers notebook: Brown leads WRs in Pro Bowl voting, Bell 2nd at RB