High school roundup: Ford City hockey team settles for tie
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ford City's hockey team remained undefeated but had to settle for its first tie after ending up deadlocked against Indiana, 2-2, in overtime in an Open Class game Thursday night at Belmont Ice Complex in West Kittanning.
All four goals were scored in the first period, and defense dominated the rest of the game.
For Ford City (3-0-1), Jesse Valasek and Eric Lindey scored, and Adam Cogley made 28 saves.
Indiana (2-1-1) received goals from Dominick Glavach and Luke Lewandowski, and Austin Moody recorded 30 stops.
Ford City outscored its first three opponents, 30-8.
South Park 6, Deer Lakes 3 — Deer Lakes grabbed a 3-2 lead early in the third period but surrendered the last four goals in a PIHL Class A game at Ice Castle in Castle Shannon.
Deer Lakes (2-1-1), which has returned to varsity play after a one-year absence, was handed its first loss of the season.
Zach Luniewski, Ryan Carr and Vincent Casale scored for the Lancers. Despite the loss, Deer Lakes still outshot South Park, 37-19.
For South Park (2-2), Billy Walker collected four goals, including three in the third period, and one assist, and Shane Walker made 34 saves.
Latrobe 7, Plum 3 — Plum (0-4-1) still is seeking its first win of the season after falling to Latrobe (4-0) in a Class AA game at Kirk S. Nevin Arena in Greensburg.
Plum trailed, 4-3, midway through the second period, but Latrobe netted the next three goals to take control.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penn-Trafford scores 35 unanswered to seal spot in quarterfinals
- Ford City volleyball set to clash with TJ
- Clairton continues offensive onslaught in dominating 1st-round victory
- Armstrong trying new program to have instruction when weather closes schools
- Electric cars plug into solar power
- Pensions a point of dispute as Watson challenges Dermody in 33rd District
- Writers take on novel challenge in Ford City
- Pine-Richland rolls past Connellsville in 1st round
- Armstrong nonprofit making holidays bright for those in need
- Evaporating cap on Pa. gasoline taxes to offset drops at pump
- Washington sends Steel Valley home for season; wins in rout, 34-7