High school roundup: Ford City hockey team settles for tie
By Staff Reports
Published: Thursday, Nov. 15, 2012, 11:44 p.m.
Ford City's hockey team remained undefeated but had to settle for its first tie after ending up deadlocked against Indiana, 2-2, in overtime in an Open Class game Thursday night at Belmont Ice Complex in West Kittanning.
All four goals were scored in the first period, and defense dominated the rest of the game.
For Ford City (3-0-1), Jesse Valasek and Eric Lindey scored, and Adam Cogley made 28 saves.
Indiana (2-1-1) received goals from Dominick Glavach and Luke Lewandowski, and Austin Moody recorded 30 stops.
Ford City outscored its first three opponents, 30-8.
South Park 6, Deer Lakes 3 — Deer Lakes grabbed a 3-2 lead early in the third period but surrendered the last four goals in a PIHL Class A game at Ice Castle in Castle Shannon.
Deer Lakes (2-1-1), which has returned to varsity play after a one-year absence, was handed its first loss of the season.
Zach Luniewski, Ryan Carr and Vincent Casale scored for the Lancers. Despite the loss, Deer Lakes still outshot South Park, 37-19.
For South Park (2-2), Billy Walker collected four goals, including three in the third period, and one assist, and Shane Walker made 34 saves.
Latrobe 7, Plum 3 — Plum (0-4-1) still is seeking its first win of the season after falling to Latrobe (4-0) in a Class AA game at Kirk S. Nevin Arena in Greensburg.
Plum trailed, 4-3, midway through the second period, but Latrobe netted the next three goals to take control.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Maatta not a top rookie finalist
- Indictment alleges scheme defrauded government of $10 million
- Pa. men to plead guilty to smuggling equipment to Middle East
- Steeler testifies he didn’t know he was stabbed at first
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- ‘Save Chatham’ protesters ordered to leave Shadyside campus
- State College restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Kittanning man part of wrestling show benefitting Ford City Summerfest
- Highmark’s insurance profit falls 40%
- Former Steelers doctor claims agent held gun on him during pat down