Roaring Lions start wrestling season at W&J Invitational
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Seven Penn State Fayette wrestlers started their 2012-13 season by participating in the Washington & Jefferson Invitational on Saturday.
Wade Durbin led the Roaring Lions with two wins in the 174-pound weight class. Durbin posted an 8-6 decision over Washington & Jefferson's Steve Murray in a preliminary-round match. Durbin also received a forfeit win over teammate Joe Phillips in the consolation round. Penn State Fayette's Nathan Spinetti collected one victory, pinning Heidelberg's Theran Carroll in the third period of a preliminary-round bout.
Alex Diaz (141), Mhye Brown (141), John Lukart (149), Phillips (174) and Nick Hewitt (197) each finished 0-2.
Penn State Fayette will visit Penn State Greater Allegheny for a PSUAC match Saturday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- Rossi: In Super city, everything but football matters
- Underclassmen standouts help Sewickley Academy
- Judge orders nonprofit tax form release in case against IRS
- Stat dropoff, road struggles have Penguins seeking consistency
- Beloved North Side gardener gets new truck, paid for by her neighbors
- Three injured in two-vehicle accident on Arona Road in Hempfield
- Overhaul of military benefit programs sought
- LCB, Duquesne University police recover rare bourbon in illegal sale
- Slumping Pitt keeps chin up
- Heyl: Ice-covered anomaly floating in the Allegheny River presents mystery