Roaring Lions start wrestling season at W&J Invitational
By Staff Reports
Published: Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012, 5:18 p.m.
Seven Penn State Fayette wrestlers started their 2012-13 season by participating in the Washington & Jefferson Invitational on Saturday.
Wade Durbin led the Roaring Lions with two wins in the 174-pound weight class. Durbin posted an 8-6 decision over Washington & Jefferson's Steve Murray in a preliminary-round match. Durbin also received a forfeit win over teammate Joe Phillips in the consolation round. Penn State Fayette's Nathan Spinetti collected one victory, pinning Heidelberg's Theran Carroll in the third period of a preliminary-round bout.
Alex Diaz (141), Mhye Brown (141), John Lukart (149), Phillips (174) and Nick Hewitt (197) each finished 0-2.
Penn State Fayette will visit Penn State Greater Allegheny for a PSUAC match Saturday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- UPMC to city: Try to tax our subsidiaries
- Obama hopes to replicate CCAC job training efforts across U.S.
- Starkey: Fleury’s future at stake
- Cueto gets best of Bucs, as Reds take series
- Connellsville area benefits from tourism grant program
- Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band to play Consol on April 22
- Authorities plan to withdraw charge against bullied South Fayette student
- New Castle woman pleads guilty in pursuit death of police officer
- Bassist McBride stresses attitude for jazz hopefuls
- Jailed Hribal ‘fine,’ but family ‘terrible’ as answers in stabbing sought
- Police: Volunteer firefighter admits to setting fires