Roaring Lions start wrestling season at W&J Invitational
By Staff Reports
Published: Sunday, November 11, 2012, 5:18 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, April 2, 2013
Seven Penn State Fayette wrestlers started their 2012-13 season by participating in the Washington & Jefferson Invitational on Saturday.
Wade Durbin led the Roaring Lions with two wins in the 174-pound weight class. Durbin posted an 8-6 decision over Washington & Jefferson's Steve Murray in a preliminary-round match. Durbin also received a forfeit win over teammate Joe Phillips in the consolation round. Penn State Fayette's Nathan Spinetti collected one victory, pinning Heidelberg's Theran Carroll in the third period of a preliminary-round bout.
Alex Diaz (141), Mhye Brown (141), John Lukart (149), Phillips (174) and Nick Hewitt (197) each finished 0-2.
Penn State Fayette will visit Penn State Greater Allegheny for a PSUAC match Saturday.
- Kovacevic: It’s about time for these Penguins
- Steelers veteran outside linebacker Woodley: ‘I’m good to go’
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- Senators on cusp of ouster against Penguins
- Steelers’ Miller watches, waits while teammates practice
- Penguins turn Game 4 into a blowout victory over the Senators
- Neal, Iginla get back on track to lead Penguins
- Pirates outfielder Snider certainly proving to be (big) hit
- Penguins notebook: Morrow sits; Bylsma changes lineup
- Pirates notebook: Morton could be back in early June
- Starter Liriano impressive again as Pirates blank Cubs
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.