Roaring Lions start wrestling season at W&J Invitational
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Seven Penn State Fayette wrestlers started their 2012-13 season by participating in the Washington & Jefferson Invitational on Saturday.
Wade Durbin led the Roaring Lions with two wins in the 174-pound weight class. Durbin posted an 8-6 decision over Washington & Jefferson's Steve Murray in a preliminary-round match. Durbin also received a forfeit win over teammate Joe Phillips in the consolation round. Penn State Fayette's Nathan Spinetti collected one victory, pinning Heidelberg's Theran Carroll in the third period of a preliminary-round bout.
Alex Diaz (141), Mhye Brown (141), John Lukart (149), Phillips (174) and Nick Hewitt (197) each finished 0-2.
Penn State Fayette will visit Penn State Greater Allegheny for a PSUAC match Saturday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Burnett targets mid-Sept. return, Glasnow unlikely to get call
- Big plays cost Steelers defense in preseason loss at Bills
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin mum on Bryant suspension
- Pitt star running back Conner remains grounded despite success
- Rossi: Beleaguered Steelers need MVP from Big Ben
- Patience serves as virtue amid prospect Glasnow’s quest for majors
- Knife-wielding thief steals gun in East Liberty
- Fayette County man killed in ATV accident
- Pennsylvania welfare employees targeted in crackdown
- Penn Hills fire displaces 10
- One shot, one assaulted in White Township brawl