Roaring Lions start wrestling season at W&J Invitational
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Seven Penn State Fayette wrestlers started their 2012-13 season by participating in the Washington & Jefferson Invitational on Saturday.
Wade Durbin led the Roaring Lions with two wins in the 174-pound weight class. Durbin posted an 8-6 decision over Washington & Jefferson's Steve Murray in a preliminary-round match. Durbin also received a forfeit win over teammate Joe Phillips in the consolation round. Penn State Fayette's Nathan Spinetti collected one victory, pinning Heidelberg's Theran Carroll in the third period of a preliminary-round bout.
Alex Diaz (141), Mhye Brown (141), John Lukart (149), Phillips (174) and Nick Hewitt (197) each finished 0-2.
Penn State Fayette will visit Penn State Greater Allegheny for a PSUAC match Saturday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Bennett to miss about 2 weeks
- Pittsburgh ends ‘Operation Over Watch’ for police officers
- Reading Harry Potter provides clues to brain activity, CMU researchers say
- 2 Pittsburgh elementary students cited for bringing pellet guns to school
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Soldier from Pottstown died Sunday in fiery crash near Martinsburg, W.Va.
- Snow expected to taper off in Pittsburgh by mid-afternoon
- Man charged with playing doctor for free Nemacolin stay
- Ehrhoff finding his way with Penguins
- Girl, 12, rescues 4-year-old sister from burning house in Homestead
- Eastern Westmoreland Career and Technology Center dedicates outdoor center