Roaring Lions start wrestling season at W&J Invitational
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Seven Penn State Fayette wrestlers started their 2012-13 season by participating in the Washington & Jefferson Invitational on Saturday.
Wade Durbin led the Roaring Lions with two wins in the 174-pound weight class. Durbin posted an 8-6 decision over Washington & Jefferson's Steve Murray in a preliminary-round match. Durbin also received a forfeit win over teammate Joe Phillips in the consolation round. Penn State Fayette's Nathan Spinetti collected one victory, pinning Heidelberg's Theran Carroll in the third period of a preliminary-round bout.
Alex Diaz (141), Mhye Brown (141), John Lukart (149), Phillips (174) and Nick Hewitt (197) each finished 0-2.
Penn State Fayette will visit Penn State Greater Allegheny for a PSUAC match Saturday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers stalled by Seahawks, on outside of AFC wild-card picture
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger reported symptoms that led to his exit vs. Seahawks
- Steelers players say they support Tomlin’s attempts at deception
- Rossi: It’s past time for NFL to protect players
- Family of man accused of shooting St. Clair officer say allegations don’t fit his character
- Community comes together to mourn death of St. Clair police officer
- Week 12 — Steelers-Seahawks gameday grades
- Sports Deli is latest tenant to say goodbye to Parkway Center Mall
- Steelers notebook: Seahawks’ Sherman gets better of WR Brown
- Marshall’s Fluhme Glam Bar hopes to take beauty concept nationwide
- 40 years later, siblings of South Greensburg girl who disappeared still seek closure