Local roundup: Fayette Campus basketball teams lose
By Staff Reports
Published: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 5:40 p.m.
Updated: Monday, November 19, 2012
James Pratt and Brandon Cunningham each scored 18 points, but the Penn State Fayette men's basketball team dropped a 69-68 decision to Waynesburg University in a Coaches vs. Cancer Tournament game at Geneva College on Saturday. David Winns chipped in 17 points for the Roaring Lions (1-2).
Thomas Ellis led Waynesburg (1-1) with 15 points. Casey Hope and Kenny Klase each notched 12 points.
Southern Virginia 80, Penn State Fayette 53 — Jill Guthrie and Caitlin Wontroba each scored 12 points, but the Roaring Lions (0-2) fell to Southern Virginia in a Great Ships Classic Tournament game in Newport News, Va., on Saturday. Kasey Ruble tossed in 10 points.
Crystal Cleveland and Mina Romito each scored 18 points and pulled down 11 rebounds for Southern Virginia (2-0). Amaris Newkirk tallied 14 points to go along with 12 rebounds, and Abigail Logan added 13 points.
PSU Greater Allegheny 31, PSU Fayette 11 — Nick Hewitt (184 pounds) recorded a pin and Nate Spinetti (235) won by forfeit, but the Roaring Lions fell in a PSUAC match.
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- 3 arrested in break-in at Allegheny Ludlum plant
- NHL commissioner Bettman talks Crosby, Olympics, outdoor games
- Connellsville grad Uher has solid freshman year at Pitt-Greensburg
- Clairton board OKs dek hockey concept
- Acting Emerson principal named to permanent post
- Senators' Alfredsson clarifies comments made after Game 4
- NK-Arnold OKs proposed tax hike
- Pools get ready for summer
- School taxes down in Elizabeth Forward
- Penguins insider: Golden opportunity arrives with Game 5
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.