Local roundup: Fayette Campus basketball teams lose
TribLIVE Sports Videos
James Pratt and Brandon Cunningham each scored 18 points, but the Penn State Fayette men's basketball team dropped a 69-68 decision to Waynesburg University in a Coaches vs. Cancer Tournament game at Geneva College on Saturday. David Winns chipped in 17 points for the Roaring Lions (1-2).
Thomas Ellis led Waynesburg (1-1) with 15 points. Casey Hope and Kenny Klase each notched 12 points.
Southern Virginia 80, Penn State Fayette 53 — Jill Guthrie and Caitlin Wontroba each scored 12 points, but the Roaring Lions (0-2) fell to Southern Virginia in a Great Ships Classic Tournament game in Newport News, Va., on Saturday. Kasey Ruble tossed in 10 points.
Crystal Cleveland and Mina Romito each scored 18 points and pulled down 11 rebounds for Southern Virginia (2-0). Amaris Newkirk tallied 14 points to go along with 12 rebounds, and Abigail Logan added 13 points.
PSU Greater Allegheny 31, PSU Fayette 11 — Nick Hewitt (184 pounds) recorded a pin and Nate Spinetti (235) won by forfeit, but the Roaring Lions fell in a PSUAC match.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Discipline Pitt’s only option against Georgia Tech
- Steelers players are ready for annual runway turn for charity
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- State Supreme Court Justice McCaffery suspended in email porn scandal
- Mars Area schools superintendent resigns after short tenure
- Steelers’ Shazier sits, Justin Brown inactive vs. Texans
- Pitt notebook: Chryst didn’t lobby to keep Watt at tight end
- High school notebook: Plenty to play for in GAC in Week 9
- Ferrante defense says arrest of prosecutor’s boyfriend could affect case
- Suspect in Va. disappearance charged in rape
- Coping with Kids: New pacifiers helps soothe babies day and night