Local roundup: Fayette Campus basketball teams lose
By Staff Reports
Published: Sunday, Nov. 18, 2012, 5:40 p.m.
James Pratt and Brandon Cunningham each scored 18 points, but the Penn State Fayette men's basketball team dropped a 69-68 decision to Waynesburg University in a Coaches vs. Cancer Tournament game at Geneva College on Saturday. David Winns chipped in 17 points for the Roaring Lions (1-2).
Thomas Ellis led Waynesburg (1-1) with 15 points. Casey Hope and Kenny Klase each notched 12 points.
Southern Virginia 80, Penn State Fayette 53 — Jill Guthrie and Caitlin Wontroba each scored 12 points, but the Roaring Lions (0-2) fell to Southern Virginia in a Great Ships Classic Tournament game in Newport News, Va., on Saturday. Kasey Ruble tossed in 10 points.
Crystal Cleveland and Mina Romito each scored 18 points and pulled down 11 rebounds for Southern Virginia (2-0). Amaris Newkirk tallied 14 points to go along with 12 rebounds, and Abigail Logan added 13 points.
PSU Greater Allegheny 31, PSU Fayette 11 — Nick Hewitt (184 pounds) recorded a pin and Nate Spinetti (235) won by forfeit, but the Roaring Lions fell in a PSUAC match.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Maatta not a top rookie finalist
- Indictment alleges scheme defrauded government of $10 million
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- State College restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- ‘Save Chatham’ protesters ordered to leave Shadyside campus
- Kovacevic: No science to solving power play
- Highmark’s insurance profit falls 40%
- Duquesne teachers accept fact-finder recommendations for contract
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder
- Alaska’s Iditarod Trail challenges Unity couple