Local roundup: Fayette Campus basketball teams lose
By Staff Reports
Published: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 5:40 p.m.
Updated: Monday, November 19, 2012
James Pratt and Brandon Cunningham each scored 18 points, but the Penn State Fayette men's basketball team dropped a 69-68 decision to Waynesburg University in a Coaches vs. Cancer Tournament game at Geneva College on Saturday. David Winns chipped in 17 points for the Roaring Lions (1-2).
Thomas Ellis led Waynesburg (1-1) with 15 points. Casey Hope and Kenny Klase each notched 12 points.
Southern Virginia 80, Penn State Fayette 53 — Jill Guthrie and Caitlin Wontroba each scored 12 points, but the Roaring Lions (0-2) fell to Southern Virginia in a Great Ships Classic Tournament game in Newport News, Va., on Saturday. Kasey Ruble tossed in 10 points.
Crystal Cleveland and Mina Romito each scored 18 points and pulled down 11 rebounds for Southern Virginia (2-0). Amaris Newkirk tallied 14 points to go along with 12 rebounds, and Abigail Logan added 13 points.
PSU Greater Allegheny 31, PSU Fayette 11 — Nick Hewitt (184 pounds) recorded a pin and Nate Spinetti (235) won by forfeit, but the Roaring Lions fell in a PSUAC match.
- Kovacevic: The smartest man in hockey
- Penguins far from satisfied after Game 2
- Penguins notebook: Malkin makes points run
- Behind Crosby’s hat trick, Penguins sneak past Senators
- Error in 9th allows Pirates to rally past Astros
- Ex-Steelers QB Batch learns new form of 2-minute drill
- Motorcyclist dies after crash in Latrobe
- Just hold on, 911 officials say of busy signals, but frustrated callers want explanation
- Senators head home to regroup
- Pirates notebook: NL Central not so soft after all
- Kovacevic: Crosby proves to be the smartest man in hockey
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.