Local roundup: Fayette Campus basketball teams lose
TribLIVE Sports Videos
James Pratt and Brandon Cunningham each scored 18 points, but the Penn State Fayette men's basketball team dropped a 69-68 decision to Waynesburg University in a Coaches vs. Cancer Tournament game at Geneva College on Saturday. David Winns chipped in 17 points for the Roaring Lions (1-2).
Thomas Ellis led Waynesburg (1-1) with 15 points. Casey Hope and Kenny Klase each notched 12 points.
Southern Virginia 80, Penn State Fayette 53 — Jill Guthrie and Caitlin Wontroba each scored 12 points, but the Roaring Lions (0-2) fell to Southern Virginia in a Great Ships Classic Tournament game in Newport News, Va., on Saturday. Kasey Ruble tossed in 10 points.
Crystal Cleveland and Mina Romito each scored 18 points and pulled down 11 rebounds for Southern Virginia (2-0). Amaris Newkirk tallied 14 points to go along with 12 rebounds, and Abigail Logan added 13 points.
PSU Greater Allegheny 31, PSU Fayette 11 — Nick Hewitt (184 pounds) recorded a pin and Nate Spinetti (235) won by forfeit, but the Roaring Lions fell in a PSUAC match.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- No certainty for Pirates’ call-up veterans
- RB Williams believes he’s making seamless transition to Steelers
- Record-holding female motorcyclist to speak at Lincoln Highway event
- Rossi: Continuing legend of Pirate Ray
- LaBar: Sting making history fighting for WWE title
- White lion Prince dies at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort
- Brashear cornerback Coleman picks Pitt
- Pitt basketball team starting to get injured players back
- Steelworkers scoff at ATI earnings claim
- Vintage drive-in theaters’ prices, upgrades still draw in Western Pa.
- Survey finds no clear fix to achieving racial diversity in Westmoreland County