Frazier hockey team beats Ringgold
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Brian Gregg and Nicholas Farrell each scored two goals and Edward Kibe added a goal and two assists as the Frazier hockey team beat Ringgold, 7-1, in PIHL Open Division action on Monday.
Dean Corsaro posted three assists, and Rodney Douglass added two assists for the Commodores (2-4). Robert McClure and Tyler Ulm each scored a goal, and Cullen McGinnis added an assist. Sean Bednar made 38 saves to secure the win.
Carrick 9, Connellsville 2 — Anthony Manuel recorded two goals and six assists, and Jacob Shrader notched three goals and two assists as Carrick (2-4) earned a PIHL Open Division win over Connellsville. Jacob Mendoza tallied two goals and an assist. Cody Deresh made 12 saves to earn the win.
Cody Grimm and Jonathan Herchko each scored a goal for the Falcons (0-4). Jacob Miller and Sam Wiatrak each had an assist. Thomas Clark made 41 saves for Connellsville.
Point Park University 107, Penn State Fayette 61 — David Winns scored 15 points, and Brandon Cunningham added 14 points, but the Roaring Lions (1-3) dropped a non-conference game to Point Park University at CCAC-South.
Asa Braxton tallied 22 points to lead Point Park University (4-1). Josh Arnold scored 19 points and added 11 rebounds, and Babatunde Somoye connected for 14 points and 12 rebounds. T.J. Heatherington and Gabe McNeal each scored 12 points, and Rob Heatherington added 10 points.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Taillon headed for surgery, Richard traded
- Russian winger Plotnikov could join Penguins in August
- New Penguin Kessel’s shot is what makes him special
- Ex-teammates say Kessel unfairly criticized
- Tiny black weevils booming in W.Pa.
- Pirates can’t overcome long rain delay, Indians in interleague setback
- Gorman: Barnstorming tour bigger than baseball
- Proposal aims to bring slots to Pa. airports
- Bethel trio of siblings celebrate 150 years of marriage
- America’s path to freedom reflected in region’s numerous historic sites
- Man fatally shot in East Liberty; police investigating 2nd shooting