Local roundup: Ringgold skates past Falcons
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Zachary Miller and Cody Grimm each scored a goal, but Connellsville dropped a 9-2 decision to Ringgold in a PIHL Open Division game at Rostraver Ice Garden on Thursday. Goaltender Thomas Clark made 28 saves for the Falcons (0-4).
Alex Nageli led the Rams (1-4) with three goals and two assists and Jesse Pry scored two goals. Ben Cafeo made 21 saves to pick up the win.
St. Vincent College 83, Penn State Fayette 56 — David Winns scored a game-high 17 points, but the Roaring Lions (1-5) dropped a nonconference game at St. Vincent College. Brandon Cunningham added 12 points and Ryan Hart 10 in the loss.
Dillon Stith led St. Vincent (4-2) with 13 points. Chris Klimchock and Isaac Turner each added 10.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Federal, Indiana authorities raid home of Subway spokesman
- Starkey: Burnett writing incredible final chapter
- New Kensington residents furious over road conditions
- Crazy Mocha owner likes comfort, says shrewd decisions foster growth
- Alvarez’s walk-off single lifts Pirates over Padres
- 6 PSU, Pitt, WVU players on watch lists for Maxwell, Bednarik awards
- Living Treasures animal park plans upset Liberty residents
- Fox Chapel’s McCrady to play lacrosse at Brown
- Pirates notebook: Four players selected for All-Star Game
- Fire destroys unoccupied Fayette home
- Bridge over Parkway West at Rosslyn Farms to close