Local roundup: Ringgold skates past Falcons
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Zachary Miller and Cody Grimm each scored a goal, but Connellsville dropped a 9-2 decision to Ringgold in a PIHL Open Division game at Rostraver Ice Garden on Thursday. Goaltender Thomas Clark made 28 saves for the Falcons (0-4).
Alex Nageli led the Rams (1-4) with three goals and two assists and Jesse Pry scored two goals. Ben Cafeo made 21 saves to pick up the win.
St. Vincent College 83, Penn State Fayette 56 — David Winns scored a game-high 17 points, but the Roaring Lions (1-5) dropped a nonconference game at St. Vincent College. Brandon Cunningham added 12 points and Ryan Hart 10 in the loss.
Dillon Stith led St. Vincent (4-2) with 13 points. Chris Klimchock and Isaac Turner each added 10.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Tomlin: Penalties only one factor in Steelers’ loss
- Steelers film session: Harrison on the field often
- Women sues over injuries she blames on Pittsburgh EMS
- District college roundup: No. 22 Slippery Rock eases past Seton Hill
- Steelers are vowing to fix the costly penalties, lack of self-discipline
- Paper or paper? California bans single-use plastic bags
- Neil Diamond bringing tour to Consol Energy Center
- No one way to fix Western Pennsylvania’s heroin problem, report says
- Prosecutors float possibility of jail time for former Justice Melvin
- Mental health facility won’t take Franklin Regional stabbing suspect as patient
- Authorities accuse South Fayette commissioner of insurance fraud