FC Youth Lacrosse grad going Division I
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Warren Lea, formerly of Crest Drive in O'Hara and currently living in Washington, D.C., has signed a National Letter of Intent to play Division I lacrosse for Robert Morris University as a defenseman.
Warren grew up playing for Fox Chapel's Pittsburgh Youth Lacrosse under the tutelage of Mike Concordia. He attended Kiski Prep in 2009 and 2010 before moving to Washington, D.C. in 2010 and attending St. John's College High School.
“Warren is a great kid,” Concordia said. “He is such a talented athlete that he played every position in middle school-attack, middle, long stick middle, close defense and even goalie.
“We used him wherever we needed him to be successful as a team. Warren has exceptional quickness that separates him from his peers. I am sure he will be a great addition to RMU's very talented team.
“I knew back then that he had D-I potential. His speed and quickness allow him to play at the highest level. I thought that he would play goalie because of his cat-like reaction time.”
Last year, the Colonials went 11-4, including 5-0 in the NEC, before falling to Mt. St. Mary's by 16-15 in overtime in the NEC Tournament. A high point for the Colonials was an early season win over Ohio State, 9-7.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates say goodbye to veteran leaders Burnett, Ramirez
- Steelers notebook: Starting DEs not leaving the field
- State woos Kennametal with $1M in incentives to stay in Pa.
- Gorman: WPIAL must answer with power move
- Opposing TEs Miller, Gates took differing paths to greatness
- Pitt, WR Boyd look to break out against Virginia
- NFL notebook: Cardinals to stay in W.Va. ahead of Steelers game
- Cole working to become Penguins’ next Martin on defense
- Yatesboro teen died from artery anomaly
- South Fayette extends winning streak in dominating fashion
- Jeannette mom accused of drug sale with kids in car