Local roundup: Frazier girls win in final seconds
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Kaley Barota's foul shot with five seconds left proved to be the game-winner for Frazier (3-1) in 41-40 win over Jefferson-Morgan in a nonsection action Monday night. Barota led the Commodores with 13 points.
Penn-Trafford 65, Connellsville 17 — Penn-Trafford's Maria Palarino scored a game-high 17 points, and teammate Madison Mossellem added 14 points as the Warriors (5-0, 2-0) earned a victory in Section 1-AAAA. Ashton Grimm had eight points for Connellsville (1-4, 0-2).
West Greene 54, Geibel 46 — With a game-high 27 points, Madison Raber helped West Greene (3-1) capture the nonsection win. Payton McIntyre scored 26 points for Geibel (1-4).
Baldwin 12, Frazier 2 — Brian Dee led the Highlanders with a hat trick and two assists as Baldwin earned an Open Class victory. Nicholas Farrell and Edward Kibe each scored a goal for Frazier.
Ford City 14, Connellsville 1 — Chris Atherton and Robert Kinsey III each recorded a hat trick in Ford City's Open Class win. Cody Grimm netted the lone Connellsville goal.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Shazier sits, Justin Brown inactive vs. Texans
- State Supreme Court Justice McCaffery suspended in email porn scandal
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Mars Area superintendent resigns after short tenure
- Discipline Pitt’s only optionagainst Georgia Tech
- Ferrante defense says arrest of prosecutor’s boyfriend could affect case
- Penguins notebook: Johnston blends music, practice for local students
- Deepening U.S. commitment to Kobani ties Obama’s Islamic State effort to Kurds’ fate
- Bomb threat prompts search at Norwin High School
- Indiana slaying suspect hints at more deaths
- Police arrest 14-year-old in connection to bomb threats phoned in to South Hills schools