Local roundup: Frazier girls win in final seconds
By Staff Reports
Published: Monday, December 17, 2012, 11:10 p.m.
Updated: Friday, March 29, 2013
Kaley Barota's foul shot with five seconds left proved to be the game-winner for Frazier (3-1) in 41-40 win over Jefferson-Morgan in a nonsection action Monday night. Barota led the Commodores with 13 points.
Penn-Trafford 65, Connellsville 17 — Penn-Trafford's Maria Palarino scored a game-high 17 points, and teammate Madison Mossellem added 14 points as the Warriors (5-0, 2-0) earned a victory in Section 1-AAAA. Ashton Grimm had eight points for Connellsville (1-4, 0-2).
West Greene 54, Geibel 46 — With a game-high 27 points, Madison Raber helped West Greene (3-1) capture the nonsection win. Payton McIntyre scored 26 points for Geibel (1-4).
Baldwin 12, Frazier 2 — Brian Dee led the Highlanders with a hat trick and two assists as Baldwin earned an Open Class victory. Nicholas Farrell and Edward Kibe each scored a goal for Frazier.
Ford City 14, Connellsville 1 — Chris Atherton and Robert Kinsey III each recorded a hat trick in Ford City's Open Class win. Cody Grimm netted the lone Connellsville goal.
- Penguins’ Shero talks with Letang’s agent
- Taliban offer to free U.S. soldier in prisoner exchange
- Grilli blows 1st save; Pirates lose to Reds in 13 innings
- Pitt adds two more recruits
- Anglers, others don’t want Kingston dam to go
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle says offense needs to get rolling
- Three killed when minivan crashes into tree in Butler County
- Judge deals setback to Steelers’ quest to expand Heinz Field
- Starkey: No apologies for this NBA column
- Contractor charged with theft from Jeannette
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang