Local roundup: Frazier girls win in final seconds
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Kaley Barota's foul shot with five seconds left proved to be the game-winner for Frazier (3-1) in 41-40 win over Jefferson-Morgan in a nonsection action Monday night. Barota led the Commodores with 13 points.
Penn-Trafford 65, Connellsville17 — Penn-Trafford's Maria Palarino scored a game-high 17 points, and teammate Madison Mossellem added 14 points as the Warriors (5-0, 2-0) earned a victory in Section 1-AAAA. Ashton Grimm had eight points for Connellsville (1-4, 0-2).
West Greene 54, Geibel 46 — With a game-high 27 points, Madison Raber helped West Greene (3-1) capture the nonsection win. Payton McIntyre scored 26 points for Geibel (1-4).
Baldwin 12, Frazier 2 — Brian Dee led the Highlanders with a hat trick and two assists as Baldwin earned an Open Class victory. Nicholas Farrell and Edward Kibe each scored a goal for Frazier.
Ford City 14, Connellsville 1 — Chris Atherton and Robert Kinsey III each recorded a hat trick in Ford City's Open Class win. Cody Grimm netted the lone Connellsville goal.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL notebook: Cardinals to stay in W.Va. ahead of Steelers game
- Pirates say goodbye to veteran leaders Burnett, Ramirez
- Steelers notebook: Starting DEs not leaving the field
- Opposing TEs Miller, Gates took differing paths to greatness
- Feds aim to bring Chinese military leaders to Pittsburgh for trial
- Rock Steelers Style, other fashion events team up for a good cause
- Pitt, WR Boyd look to break out against Virginia
- Cole working to become Penguins’ next Martin on defense
- State woos Kennametal with $1M in incentives to stay in Pa.
- Gorman: WPIAL must answer with power move
- State Reps. Harhai, Daley defend tax plan votes