High school roundup: Mt. Pleasant boys drop section game
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ryan Gumbita led all scorers with 20 points, but the Mt. Pleasant boys basketball team fell to visiting Derry, 44-41, in a Section 3-AAA contest Friday.
The Vikings (3-4, 1-1) held a 30-28 lead heading into the fourth quarter, but the Trojans (3-3, 2-1) were able to rally for the victory. Andy Panizzi led Derry with 16 points.
Yough 70, Southmoreland 61 — Zac Black scored a game-high 28 points, but the Scotties (0-7, 0-3) dropped a Section 3-AAA game to visiting Yough.
Ben D'Amico paced the Cougars (2-5, 2-2) with 24 points, and Dom Micle added 22 points. Kirk Brown contributed 11 points.
Bentworth 69, Frazier 67 — Despite trailing, 55-52, heading into the fourth quarter, the Bearcats (4-2, 2-1) were able to rally for a win over host Frazier in a Section 5-AA game. Cody Levine led Bentworth with 27 points, and Chris Blackburn contributed 26 points.
Charles Manack connected for 20 points for the Commodores (1-6, 0-3), and Jared Rebovich recorded 14 points. Roger Cline and Mark Dillon each finished with 10 points.
Yough 27, Southmoreland 17 — Natalie Peeples scored 12 points, and Emily Campbell chipped in with 11 points as the Cougars (3-4, 1-2) took down the host Scotties (0-7, 0-3) in Section 3-AAA.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers laud decision, praise Brady for taking on Goodell
- With most starters resting, Steelers turn in lackluster loss at Heinz
- Roundup: Kraft Singles recall grows nearly tenfold; judge OKs $415M settlement in Apple, Google wage case; more
- Liriano struggles as Brewers complete sweep of Pirates
- Experts warn Kane’s Haiti trip might jeopardize any case from 2014 wiretap
- Freeport Area to explore options for storing maintenance equipment
- Steelers notebook: Thomas, Moats only starting defensive players to see action vs. Panthers
- The Clarks go back to their roots with new album ‘Rewind’
- Indian SUV maker Mahindra to debut electric scooter in U.S.
- Young guns lead way into pivotal Pirates-Cardinals series
- Vick supporters, opponents demonstrate before Steelers’ game, but coexist