High school roundup: Mt. Pleasant boys drop section game
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ryan Gumbita led all scorers with 20 points, but the Mt. Pleasant boys basketball team fell to visiting Derry, 44-41, in a Section 3-AAA contest Friday.
The Vikings (3-4, 1-1) held a 30-28 lead heading into the fourth quarter, but the Trojans (3-3, 2-1) were able to rally for the victory. Andy Panizzi led Derry with 16 points.
Yough 70, Southmoreland 61 — Zac Black scored a game-high 28 points, but the Scotties (0-7, 0-3) dropped a Section 3-AAA game to visiting Yough.
Ben D'Amico paced the Cougars (2-5, 2-2) with 24 points, and Dom Micle added 22 points. Kirk Brown contributed 11 points.
Bentworth 69, Frazier 67 — Despite trailing, 55-52, heading into the fourth quarter, the Bearcats (4-2, 2-1) were able to rally for a win over host Frazier in a Section 5-AA game. Cody Levine led Bentworth with 27 points, and Chris Blackburn contributed 26 points.
Charles Manack connected for 20 points for the Commodores (1-6, 0-3), and Jared Rebovich recorded 14 points. Roger Cline and Mark Dillon each finished with 10 points.
Yough 27, Southmoreland 17 — Natalie Peeples scored 12 points, and Emily Campbell chipped in with 11 points as the Cougars (3-4, 1-2) took down the host Scotties (0-7, 0-3) in Section 3-AAA.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Defensive lineman commits to PSU during campus visit
- Crosby, Malkin dazzle fellow All-Stars
- Starkey: Rinaldo doesn’t belong in NHL
- 30 Filipino police commandos killed in clash with rebels
- Lure of tuition aid, gifts draw college students to ‘sugar daddy’ sites
- Woman killed in Washington Township crash
- ‘I almost left here’ says Highland Park woman who contracted flesh-eating bacteria
- Long-term solution for wastewater disposal eludes shale gas industry
- Increasing pressure on QBs will be offseason focus for Steelers
- Former athletes open businesses
- Big future seen for former Fayette grocery warehouse