High school roundup: Mt. Pleasant boys drop section game
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ryan Gumbita led all scorers with 20 points, but the Mt. Pleasant boys basketball team fell to visiting Derry, 44-41, in a Section 3-AAA contest Friday.
The Vikings (3-4, 1-1) held a 30-28 lead heading into the fourth quarter, but the Trojans (3-3, 2-1) were able to rally for the victory. Andy Panizzi led Derry with 16 points.
Yough 70, Southmoreland 61 — Zac Black scored a game-high 28 points, but the Scotties (0-7, 0-3) dropped a Section 3-AAA game to visiting Yough.
Ben D'Amico paced the Cougars (2-5, 2-2) with 24 points, and Dom Micle added 22 points. Kirk Brown contributed 11 points.
Bentworth 69, Frazier 67 — Despite trailing, 55-52, heading into the fourth quarter, the Bearcats (4-2, 2-1) were able to rally for a win over host Frazier in a Section 5-AA game. Cody Levine led Bentworth with 27 points, and Chris Blackburn contributed 26 points.
Charles Manack connected for 20 points for the Commodores (1-6, 0-3), and Jared Rebovich recorded 14 points. Roger Cline and Mark Dillon each finished with 10 points.
Yough 27, Southmoreland 17 — Natalie Peeples scored 12 points, and Emily Campbell chipped in with 11 points as the Cougars (3-4, 1-2) took down the host Scotties (0-7, 0-3) in Section 3-AAA.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Crosby, Malkin to miss start of Penguins camp
- ‘First-class’ hotel planned in Oakland
- Steelers defense a long way from ‘greatest of all time’
- Route 22 accident snarls traffic
- Charges filed against man shot by police in Bell Township
- Number of jobs in high-tech industry outpace workers in Pittsburgh, nation
- Starkey: Two amazing Pirates fans
- Priest: Mourners in ‘disbelief’ at Pennsylvania trooper’s death
- Pirates hit 3 HRs in rout of Red Sox
- Pirates notebook: Castillo’s debut underscores challenges in Cuban market
- Steelers remain confident in ground game