By Staff Reports
Published: Monday, Dec. 24, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Maria Merendino scored a game-high 13 points as Connellsville (2-5) earned a 51-25 victory over Southmoreland during nonsection action Saturday. Ashton Grimm scored 10 points for the Falcons.
Men's college basketball
Penn State Fayette 93, Penn State Lehigh Valley 69 — David Winns scored a game-high 25 points as Penn State Fayette (5-7, 4-2) earned a Penn State University Athletic Conference victory. James Pratt and Brandon Cunningham scored 21 and 19 points, respectively, for the Roaring Lions.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Analysis: Steelers could fill needs with free agents while not spending big bucks
- Police charge Westmoreland County priest in $124,000 theft case
- Upper St. Clair woman’s death at Drexel probed as possible meningitis
- Pittsburgh police to tear up parking tickets written ‘erroneously’
- Steelers to release LaMarr Woodley; Taylor restructures contract
- Woman sues UPMC over pregnancy drug test
- Sewickley teen’s art helps her deal with challenges of epilepsy
- Pittsburgh’s Rubber Duck to be redeployed to Norfolk
- Crosby lifts Penguins over Capitals in last game of road trip
- Small plane crashes at Washington County Airport
- Pittsburgh council introduces resolution to pay Rocco’s vet bills