High school roundup: Vikings, Scotties pick up wrestling victories
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Tyler Lynch (106 pounds), Jake Virgin (120), Evan Myers (126) and Jorden Beltz (132) recorded pins to help the Southmoreland wrestling team post a 60-12 win over host Charleroi in a Section 2-AA (2B) match Wednesday.
Austin Griffiths (113), Sean Suter (152), Shane Cavanaugh (160), Brendon Coles (170), Dakota Datz (182) and Jake Beistel (heavyweight) each won by forfeit for the Scotties.
Mt. Pleasant 49, Derry 21 — Mike Novak (126), Andy Yoder (138), Austin Mears (145) and Eli Holt (195) each won by fall as the Vikings (6-2, 2-1) won in a Section 2-AA (2B) match.
Ethan Charlesworth (152) and Justin Overly (182) were winners via technical fall.
Aldo Garcia (132), Bobby Long (160) and Austin Piper (170) each earned a decision, and Josh Lind (220) was awarded a forfeit victory.
Eden Christian Academy 62 , Geibel 40 — Aaron Agostoni scored 15 points, and Tyler Schweiss added 12 points, but the Gators (0-5) lost to the visiting Warriors (8-1) in a nonsection game.
Connellsville 40, Laurel Highlands 35 — Corey Fogle scored 12 points, and Jim Cellurale added 11 to lead the Falcons (3-4). Duston Wiggins scored nine points, and Colby Shipley chipped in eight.
Hempfield 47, Connellsville 29 — Jim Cellurale scored 10 points, and Duston Wiggins scored six points, but the Falcons lost at the Laurel Highlands Tournament.
Connellsville 56, Charleroi 31 — Colby Shipley scored 15 points, and Caleb Miller added 10 to lead the Falcons. Tyler Evans tallied seven points.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Penguins acquire Blues forward Lapierre for Goc
- Letang produces 5 assists in return as Penguins defeat Jets, 5-3
- Wilkinsburg man killed in his apartment
- Pirates trade Snider to Orioles for minor league pitcher
- Panthers drop heartbreaker in overtime to Virginia Tech
- Chartiers Valley displays shooting touch in blowout win over USC
- Mt. Lebanon awaits Pennsylvania Game Commission approval to corral, kill deer
- Winfield man is one of a few to attend all 49 Super Bowl games
- No cross-checking here: Penguins misspell ‘Sidney’
- Now a Patriot, RB Blount’s thrilled to have moved on from Steelers
- Abuse-of-power case against Perry to proceed