Local roundup: Mt. Pleasant boys basketball team pulls out victory
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Cody Monroe led all scorers with 20 points, and Ryan Gumbita checked in with 16 as the Mt. Pleasant boys basketball team picked up a 58-52 win over visiting Greensburg Salem in a Section 3-AAA contest on Tuesday. Marcus Malara added 11 points for the Vikings (7-4, 3-1).
Simen Stevens paced the Golden Lions (2-8, 2-2) with 13 points. Denzel Jackson and Pat Boyer each had 12 points.
Uniontown 94, Southmoreland 53 — Jordan Pratt scored 24 points, and Christian Kezmarsky followed with 20 points as the Red Raiders (10-1, 4-0) cruised past the host Scotties in Section 3-AAA.
Zac Black led all scorers with 25 points for Southmoreland (0-11, 0-5). Randy Ohler notched 10 points.
Mapletown 79, Geibel 67 — Dereck Riggleman tallied 34 points, and Kevin Ridgley collected 25 points as the Maples (2-8, 1-1) got past the host Gators in Section 3-A.
Aaron Agostoni was the leading scorer for the Gators (0-7, 0-2) with 20 points. Martin Berish had 17 points.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Shale oil, gas finds put Mon Valley on path to renaissance, leaders say
- Ebola watch lists to shrink
- Legal titans prepared to tussle in Ferrante cyanide homicide trial
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Scottdale appoints borough solicitor
- Pittsburgh photo exhibit shines light on ‘Good’ work
- Harrisburg insider, newcomer battle over change in Pa.’s 46th Senate District
- Customers rarely utilize right to cancel a contract
- Loophole rewards expelled Nazi suspects with Social Security benefits