Local roundup: Mt. Pleasant boys basketball team pulls out victory
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Cody Monroe led all scorers with 20 points, and Ryan Gumbita checked in with 16 as the Mt. Pleasant boys basketball team picked up a 58-52 win over visiting Greensburg Salem in a Section 3-AAA contest on Tuesday. Marcus Malara added 11 points for the Vikings (7-4, 3-1).
Simen Stevens paced the Golden Lions (2-8, 2-2) with 13 points. Denzel Jackson and Pat Boyer each had 12 points.
Uniontown 94, Southmoreland 53 — Jordan Pratt scored 24 points, and Christian Kezmarsky followed with 20 points as the Red Raiders (10-1, 4-0) cruised past the host Scotties in Section 3-AAA.
Zac Black led all scorers with 25 points for Southmoreland (0-11, 0-5). Randy Ohler notched 10 points.
Mapletown 79, Geibel 67 — Dereck Riggleman tallied 34 points, and Kevin Ridgley collected 25 points as the Maples (2-8, 1-1) got past the host Gators in Section 3-A.
Aaron Agostoni was the leading scorer for the Gators (0-7, 0-2) with 20 points. Martin Berish had 17 points.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- Pitt adds Texas wide receiver as 16th commitment to Class of 2015
- Crosby understands rule prohibiting him from playing, stresses he is hurt
- Woman who made bomb threat at Bellevue bank in custody
- Ex-Steelers QB Batch creates sports medicine startup at Pitt
- Bober released as Wuerl school president to concentrate on building new St. Kilian church
- Cal U professor who died in campus office was lawyer, civil rights leader
- ‘Let It Snow’ filming in Millvale
- LeBeau won’t join Cardinals coaching staff
- Pittsburgh cracks down on overcrowded houses
- Allegheny County assistant public defender charged for allegedly lying to court staff