Local roundup: Mt. Pleasant boys basketball team pulls out victory
By Staff Reports
Published: Tuesday, January 8, 2013, 10:32 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Cody Monroe led all scorers with 20 points, and Ryan Gumbita checked in with 16 as the Mt. Pleasant boys basketball team picked up a 58-52 win over visiting Greensburg Salem in a Section 3-AAA contest on Tuesday. Marcus Malara added 11 points for the Vikings (7-4, 3-1).
Simen Stevens paced the Golden Lions (2-8, 2-2) with 13 points. Denzel Jackson and Pat Boyer each had 12 points.
Uniontown 94, Southmoreland 53 — Jordan Pratt scored 24 points, and Christian Kezmarsky followed with 20 points as the Red Raiders (10-1, 4-0) cruised past the host Scotties in Section 3-AAA.
Zac Black led all scorers with 25 points for Southmoreland (0-11, 0-5). Randy Ohler notched 10 points.
Mapletown 79, Geibel 67 — Dereck Riggleman tallied 34 points, and Kevin Ridgley collected 25 points as the Maples (2-8, 1-1) got past the host Gators in Section 3-A.
Aaron Agostoni was the leading scorer for the Gators (0-7, 0-2) with 20 points. Martin Berish had 17 points.
- NHL commissioner Bettman talks Crosby, Olympics, outdoor games
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Senators' Alfredsson clarifies comments made after Game 4
- Penguins insider: Golden opportunity arrives with Game 5
- Steelers notebook: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line
- Seattle-area bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- 2 arrested after UK fighter jet scrambles to divert civilian plane
- Starkey: Pens’ offense blazing historic path
- Pens will unveil even bigger TV screen for fans in Game 5
- 3 arrested in break-in at Allegheny Ludlum plant
- Pirates outfielder Snider certainly proving to be (big) hit
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.