Local roundup: Mt. Pleasant boys basketball team pulls out victory
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Cody Monroe led all scorers with 20 points, and Ryan Gumbita checked in with 16 as the Mt. Pleasant boys basketball team picked up a 58-52 win over visiting Greensburg Salem in a Section 3-AAA contest on Tuesday. Marcus Malara added 11 points for the Vikings (7-4, 3-1).
Simen Stevens paced the Golden Lions (2-8, 2-2) with 13 points. Denzel Jackson and Pat Boyer each had 12 points.
Uniontown 94, Southmoreland 53 — Jordan Pratt scored 24 points, and Christian Kezmarsky followed with 20 points as the Red Raiders (10-1, 4-0) cruised past the host Scotties in Section 3-AAA.
Zac Black led all scorers with 25 points for Southmoreland (0-11, 0-5). Randy Ohler notched 10 points.
Mapletown 79, Geibel 67 — Dereck Riggleman tallied 34 points, and Kevin Ridgley collected 25 points as the Maples (2-8, 1-1) got past the host Gators in Section 3-A.
Aaron Agostoni was the leading scorer for the Gators (0-7, 0-2) with 20 points. Martin Berish had 17 points.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Power play shines in Penguins’ home victory over Blue Jackets
- Rossi: Fitting in will be Kang’s biggest hurdle
- Penguins notebook: Pouliot dazzles in victory over Blue Jackets
- Shale drilling boom a bust for some Western Pennsylvania towns
- Sales, income taxes increases expected in Gov. Tom Wolf’s budget
- Pirates starting pitcher Worley is in right place, right time with team
- Duquesne University football player died by suicide
- LaBar: Is Brock Lesnar leaving WWE again?
- Pitt’s NCAA Tournament hopes take a hit with loss to Wake Forest
- Teacher conduct under spotlight in Pennsylvania
- ALICE program aims to protect students from active shooter in school