High school roundup: Riverview boys bounce back from tournament loss
TribLIVE Sports Videos
After losing in the championship game of its holiday tournament, the Riverview boys basketball team needed a pick-me-up.
The Raiders took out their frustration on St. Joseph.
Zach Lesnick scored a game-high 18 points, and Shane Scott added 16 as the Raiders dropped the Spartans, 74-59, in a nonsection game in Oakmont.
Lesnick and Scott each swiped six steals for the Raiders (4-5), who were playing their fourth straight home game.
Sam Gonsowski chipped in 14 points for the Raiders, who scored 44 in the second half.
John Arcuri led St. Joseph (4-6) with 14 points.
Indiana 71, Freeport 31 — Audrey Stapleton scored 23 points for Indiana (6-3) in a nonsection win. The Yellowjackets were held to single digits in every quarter but the second.
Macy Smolic led Freeport (4-5) with 15 points, and Jessica Aulicino chipped in 10 points. Smolic and Aulicino combined for 21 rebounds.
Ford City 7, Indiana 5 — Ford City held on for a two-goal victory in a battle of PIHL Open Class powers.
Joseph Cippel III and Joshua Oliver led Ford City (8-1-1) with a goal and two assists each. The Sabers scored five straight goals in the second period to take control.
Patrick Hunter led Indiana (9-2-1) with two goals.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers nose tackle McCullers finds performance, fitness go hand in hand
- Pittsburgh roots shape former Md. governor’s outlook in run for president
- 1st Pittsburgh HealthyRide bike share stations ready to open
- Point Park graduate’s ‘mugshot’ photos hit nerve on racism
- Day care operator gets long sentence for neglect of children
- Delay sought in enforcing regulation to make mortgages easier to understand
- Trib 30 index of stocks gains 0.7% in May
- Write-in opens up mayoral race in Greensburg
- GMC Sierra is part workhorse, part command center
- Gorman: WPIAL trio triumphs over tragedy
- Seton Hill won’t manage new apartment project for student housing in city