High school roundup: Riverview boys bounce back from tournament loss
TribLIVE Sports Videos
After losing in the championship game of its holiday tournament, the Riverview boys basketball team needed a pick-me-up.
The Raiders took out their frustration on St. Joseph.
Zach Lesnick scored a game-high 18 points, and Shane Scott added 16 as the Raiders dropped the Spartans, 74-59, in a nonsection game in Oakmont.
Lesnick and Scott each swiped six steals for the Raiders (4-5), who were playing their fourth straight home game.
Sam Gonsowski chipped in 14 points for the Raiders, who scored 44 in the second half.
John Arcuri led St. Joseph (4-6) with 14 points.
Indiana 71, Freeport 31 — Audrey Stapleton scored 23 points for Indiana (6-3) in a nonsection win. The Yellowjackets were held to single digits in every quarter but the second.
Macy Smolic led Freeport (4-5) with 15 points, and Jessica Aulicino chipped in 10 points. Smolic and Aulicino combined for 21 rebounds.
Ford City 7, Indiana 5 — Ford City held on for a two-goal victory in a battle of PIHL Open Class powers.
Joseph Cippel III and Joshua Oliver led Ford City (8-1-1) with a goal and two assists each. The Sabers scored five straight goals in the second period to take control.
Patrick Hunter led Indiana (9-2-1) with two goals.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt: Football coach hire comes 1st, athletic director 2nd
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Man involved with crash with officer dies in Pittsburgh hospital
- Despite intimidation, women still passionate about video games
- Michigan State defensive coordinator a Pitt coaching candidate
- Penguins’ defensive depth proves valuable
- Pirates sign Corey Hart to 1-year deal
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral
- Port Authority fires two bus drivers involved in rollover crash
- Rossi: Brawl for ADs between Pitt and WVU
- Steelers must be creative in providing snaps for linebackers