High school roundup: Riverview boys bounce back from tournament loss
TribLIVE Sports Videos
After losing in the championship game of its holiday tournament, the Riverview boys basketball team needed a pick-me-up.
The Raiders took out their frustration on St. Joseph.
Zach Lesnick scored a game-high 18 points, and Shane Scott added 16 as the Raiders dropped the Spartans, 74-59, in a nonsection game in Oakmont.
Lesnick and Scott each swiped six steals for the Raiders (4-5), who were playing their fourth straight home game.
Sam Gonsowski chipped in 14 points for the Raiders, who scored 44 in the second half.
John Arcuri led St. Joseph (4-6) with 14 points.
Indiana 71, Freeport 31 — Audrey Stapleton scored 23 points for Indiana (6-3) in a nonsection win. The Yellowjackets were held to single digits in every quarter but the second.
Macy Smolic led Freeport (4-5) with 15 points, and Jessica Aulicino chipped in 10 points. Smolic and Aulicino combined for 21 rebounds.
Ford City 7, Indiana 5 — Ford City held on for a two-goal victory in a battle of PIHL Open Class powers.
Joseph Cippel III and Joshua Oliver led Ford City (8-1-1) with a goal and two assists each. The Sabers scored five straight goals in the second period to take control.
Patrick Hunter led Indiana (9-2-1) with two goals.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Stupid Steelers
- It’s only exhibition, but these Steelers could solidify roster spots vs. Eagles
- Steelers running backs Bell, Blount will face drug charges
- New Kensington slaying victims identified
- Kiss’ makeup has changed, but their impact remains strong
- West Penn Power to pay $1.3 million state fine
- Brentwood man chronicles battle with haunted house
- Commitment by Steelers’ Gilbert pays off
- Jury: Indiana County woman downloaded child porn to frame husband
- Pitt sophomore Coles leaves football team
- 70-year-old man says he didn’t see trooper who was run over