Local roundup: Mt. Pleasant boys basketball team downs Southmmoreland
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Marcus Malara scored 15 points, and Dante Porter tallied 12 points as the Mt. Pleasant boys basketball team defeated visiting Southmoreland, 60-44, in a Section 3-AAA game on Tuesday. Luke Liprando had for 11 points, and Ryan Gumbita tallied 10 points for the Vikings (8-5, 4-2).
Mike Mucha paced the Scotties (0-13, 0-6) with 15 points, followed by Zac Black with 13 points.
Laurel Highlands 77, Uniontown 71 — Shane Guthrie scored 23 points, and Keith Liptock added 18 points as the Mustangs (9-5, 5-1) pulled into a first-place tie with the visiting Red Raiders (11-2, 5-1) in Section 3-AAA. Joe Pegg tallied 17 points.
Christian Kezmarsky led Uniontown with 19 points. Xavier Ellis and Jordan Pratt each scored 13 points, and Joe Campbell dropped in 10 points.
Brownsville 81, Frazier 54 — Tre Durkin led all scorers with 17 points, and Mike Murdock tossed in 15 points as the Falcons (9-4, 5-2) defeated host Frazier in Section 5-AA. Christian Floyd dropped in 13 points. Josh Mapstone and Cole Novotney each scored 10 points.
Paul Pellick scored 13 points to pace the Commodores (2-9, 1-5). Jared Rebovich tallied 11 points, and Vincent Bucci contributed 10 points.
Clairton 79, Geibel 16 — Bryon Clifford scored a game-high 26 points as the Bears (6-3, 4-0) defeated the host Gators (0-10, 0-4) in Section 3-A.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers nose tackle McCullers finds performance, fitness go hand in hand
- Fatal accident near Clymer involves school van; 3 students reported injured
- Paddleboard classes focus on fitness
- GDP data, consumer sentiment drop slash stocks
- Honda thinks outside box
- Pirates notebook: Burnett rediscovers vintage form
- Medical examiner: Dormont man found near incline died of multiple injuries
- Texas waters yield 4 bodies as death toll climbs; rainfall records fall across state
- Hurdle says Pirates must eliminate defensive gaffes
- Daily Courier roundup: Connellsville’s Shipley flirts with no-hitter in Legion win
- Steelers’ defense unfazed by noise, believes in potential