Local roundup: Mt. Pleasant boys basketball team downs Southmmoreland
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Marcus Malara scored 15 points, and Dante Porter tallied 12 points as the Mt. Pleasant boys basketball team defeated visiting Southmoreland, 60-44, in a Section 3-AAA game on Tuesday. Luke Liprando had for 11 points, and Ryan Gumbita tallied 10 points for the Vikings (8-5, 4-2).
Mike Mucha paced the Scotties (0-13, 0-6) with 15 points, followed by Zac Black with 13 points.
Laurel Highlands 77, Uniontown 71 — Shane Guthrie scored 23 points, and Keith Liptock added 18 points as the Mustangs (9-5, 5-1) pulled into a first-place tie with the visiting Red Raiders (11-2, 5-1) in Section 3-AAA. Joe Pegg tallied 17 points.
Christian Kezmarsky led Uniontown with 19 points. Xavier Ellis and Jordan Pratt each scored 13 points, and Joe Campbell dropped in 10 points.
Brownsville 81, Frazier 54 — Tre Durkin led all scorers with 17 points, and Mike Murdock tossed in 15 points as the Falcons (9-4, 5-2) defeated host Frazier in Section 5-AA. Christian Floyd dropped in 13 points. Josh Mapstone and Cole Novotney each scored 10 points.
Paul Pellick scored 13 points to pace the Commodores (2-9, 1-5). Jared Rebovich tallied 11 points, and Vincent Bucci contributed 10 points.
Clairton 79, Geibel 16 — Bryon Clifford scored a game-high 26 points as the Bears (6-3, 4-0) defeated the host Gators (0-10, 0-4) in Section 3-A.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers cut linebacker Kion Wilson, sign cornerback Toler
- Five questions facing Steelers entering training camp
- Small plane goes down near Grove City
- Route 22 accident in Monroeville causes traffic jam
- Suspended Penn-Trafford teacher charged with stalking student
- 1 hurt in Mt. Lebanon fire on Bower Hill Road
- North Huntingdon woman charged with threatening to burn down officer’s house
- Pirates’ Melancon has been consistent since moving into closer’s role
- Real estate executive Hanna’s gifts target needy Western Pa. families
- LaBar: John Cena leaving WWE for Hollywood?
- Baby girl dies when run over by pickup truck in Indiana County