Connellsville boys basketball team wins 3rd straight
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Connellsville boys basketball team won its third straight game by defeating visiting Ringgold, 58-39, in a nonsection game on Saturday. Trent Bauer led the Falcons (5-11) with 20 points and 10 rebounds. Jim Leichliter connected for 15 points, and Jade Maher tallied 12 points.
Derry 63, Geibel 49 — Aaron Agostoni led all scorers with 22 points and Tyler Schweiss had 18 points, but the Gators (1-11) dropped a nonsection game to host Derry on Saturday.
Andy Panizzi was the leading scorer for the Trojans (7-7) with 20 points. Nick Clayton had 13 points, and Matt Vasinko scored 12.
Southmoreland 56, Geibel 39 — Julea Claycomb scored 16 points and pulled down 21 rebounds to lead the Scotties (3-14) to a win over visiting Geibel in a nonsection game on Saturday. Brooke Cottom contributed 15 points.
Peyton McIntyre was the game's leading scorer with 20 points for the Gators (2-13). Karly Judy added 14 points.
Burgettstown Invitational — Southmoreland's Austin Griffiths and Jacob Beistel each took first place in their respective weight class at the Burgettstown Invitational on Saturday. Griffiths beat Burgettstown's Austin McDermitt, 5-2, to win the 106-pound championship. Beistel defeated Hopewell's Damon Sim Jr., 3-2, to claim the heavyweight title. Hopewell won the team championship.
Penn State Worthington Scranton 70, Penn State Fayette 61 — Jess Segilia scored 21 points and dished out 11 assists as Penn State Worthington Scranton (8-5, 5-4) handed visiting Penn State Fayette its first PSUAC loss of the season Saturday. Kayla Cavanaugh scored 16 points. Danielle Segilia and Jamie Halloran each tallied 12 points.
Caitlin Wontroba led Penn State Fayette (6-7, 5-1) with 18 points. Shelby Yourchik had 11 points.
Penn State Worthington Scranton 79, Penn State Fayette 72 — Kwame Simmons posted a game-high 27 points and Hasiin Dixon checked in with 15 points as Penn State Worthington Scranton (13-6, 8-3) knocked off visiting Penn State Fayette in a PSUAC game Saturday. Pat Purcell scored 11 points, and Yusef Savage followed with 10 points.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Syrian border town emerges as pivot point in Islamic State fight
- Penn State succumbs to No. 13 Ohio State in double overtime
- CDC’s misinformation spreads faster than Ebola virus
- Pitt notebook: Conner quietly surpasses 1,000 yards rushing
- Pittsburgh Mills mall stability questioned
- Springdale to get kayak launch, other riverfront improvements
- Pirates must weigh risk, reward in attempt to sign Martin
- Butler County Historical Society acquires 1928 Austin C Cab Van
- Starkey: Chryst missed his only shot
- Penguins’ Crosby OK with Neal comments about trade
- Steelers notebook: Ex-Steeler Sanders living up to his word