High school roundup: Penn-Trafford girls top Connellsville
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Taylor Cortazzo scored 14 points as the Penn-Trafford girls basketball team beat visiting Connellsville, 62-30, in a Section 1-AAAA game on Monday. Nicole Hyland followed with 13 points for the Warriors (13-2, 8-1).
Ashton Grimm led the Falcons (6-11, 1-8) with 13 points.
Indiana 48, Mt. Pleasant 26 — Audrey Stapleton tallied 29 points as Indiana (10-5, 6-2) picked up a Section 3-AAA win on the road.
Casey Zelenak was the leading scorer for Mt. Pleasant (7-9, 3-4) with seven points.
Derry 44, Southmoreland 24 — Morgan Roble scored a game-high 14 points to lead the Trojans (4-8, 3-5) to a win over the host Scotties in Section 3-AAA.
Paige Weaver notched 10 points for the Scotties (3-15, 0-8).
Uniontown 75, Yough 17 — Danasha Harris led all scorers with 16 points, and Jessy Madison was next with 12 points as the Red Raiders (12-2, 7-1) topped visiting Yough in Section 3-AAA.
Natalie Peebles was the leading scorer for the Cougars (6-11, 1-7) with five points.
Freshman boys basketball
Laurel Highlands 40, Connellsville 30 — Tyler Evans scored nine points, but the Falcons (5-6) fell to host Laurel Highlands. Corey Fogle scored seven points, and Duston Wiggins added six points.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mon-Yough communities pick up litter, collect recyclables during Great American Cleanup
- Group strives to preserve memory of SS McKeesport
- Counselors available at Hempfield after crash kills student
- Coach Johnston trying to figure out why Penguins ‘fell off a cliff’
- Protest planned Monday at Plum Borough High School
- Behind starter Liriano, Pirates complete sweep of Diamondbacks
- Injured Penguins optimistic about returning next season
- Washington’s Shelton grows into big role, looks forward to draft
- Crosby, Malkin want to remain in Pittsburgh
- Pirates notebook: Wainwright injury doesn’t sway Hurdle on DH
- McCain renews push to have military, not CIA, manage drone strikes