Local roundup: Clairton girls basketball team slips past Geibel
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Taleese Ogletree scored 23 points and pulled down 11 rebounds to lead Clairton (6-9, 2-5) to a 45-42 Section 4-A girls basketball victory over host Geibel on Monday.
Peyton McIntyre led all scorers with 27 points for the Gators (2-15, 0-7).
Winchester Thurston 76, Frazier 50 — Shala Barney scored 22 points as Winchester Thurston (9-6, 5-2) beat visiting Frazier in Section 4-A.
Lexi LoNero scored 14 points, and Brytney Humphries had 13 points.
Cassidy Guiser was the leading scorer with 25 for the Commodores (8-8, 3-3).
Lauren Timko contributed 15 points.
Greensburg Salem 66, Southmoreland 25 — Karly Mellinger scored 25 points, and Claire Oberdorf added 20 points as the Golden Lions (13-5, 8-1) knocked off the host Scotties (3-17, 0-10) in Section 3-AAA.
Greensburg Salem 14, Connellsville 0 — Cody Austad scored four goals and added four assists, and Dakota Sheetz stopped three shots to earn the shutout as the Golden Lions (10-4-1) defeated host Connellsville in PIHL Open Division action. Thomas Clark made 52 saves for the Falcons (0-13).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates fall short in bid for Lester, who’s traded to Oakland
- EPA talks on pollution limits trigger protests, arrests Downtown
- After years of lobbying, Big Ben has Steelers running the no-huddle
- Pa. senator investigates Rocky Mountain high at taxpayers’ expense
- Spaling, Penguins agree to $4.4 million deal
- It’s lights out for Bayer sign on Mt. Washington
- Steelers hold high hopes for pass defense
- Steelers notebook: Brown calls Sanders’ comments about Roethlisberger ‘terrible’
- 2 more charged in PennDOT corruption investigation
- Oakland eatery Fuel & Fuddle to reopen under new owners
- Elderly funeral home director gets up to 12 years for murder