Local roundup: Clairton girls basketball team slips past Geibel
By Staff Reports
Published: Monday, January 28, 2013, 10:50 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Taleese Ogletree scored 23 points and pulled down 11 rebounds to lead Clairton (6-9, 2-5) to a 45-42 Section 4-A girls basketball victory over host Geibel on Monday.
Peyton McIntyre led all scorers with 27 points for the Gators (2-15, 0-7).
Winchester Thurston 76, Frazier 50 — Shala Barney scored 22 points as Winchester Thurston (9-6, 5-2) beat visiting Frazier in Section 4-A.
Lexi LoNero scored 14 points, and Brytney Humphries had 13 points.
Cassidy Guiser was the leading scorer with 25 for the Commodores (8-8, 3-3).
Lauren Timko contributed 15 points.
Greensburg Salem 66, Southmoreland 25 — Karly Mellinger scored 25 points, and Claire Oberdorf added 20 points as the Golden Lions (13-5, 8-1) knocked off the host Scotties (3-17, 0-10) in Section 3-AAA.
Greensburg Salem 14, Connellsville 0 — Cody Austad scored four goals and added four assists, and Dakota Sheetz stopped three shots to earn the shutout as the Golden Lions (10-4-1) defeated host Connellsville in PIHL Open Division action. Thomas Clark made 52 saves for the Falcons (0-13).
- Kovacevic: Why did Pens even get Iginla?
- Shooting blanks
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Commissioners, sanitary authority remain at odds
- Improved depth could drive Pirates’ fortunes deep into season
- Penguins’ breakdown on Alfredsson goal changes series
- Pittsburgh mayor’s race looks to be in the hands of only a few voters
- Penguins Insider: Players’ focus in right place
- Senators exude confidence after stirring Game 3 victory
- P. Hills promotes officers, honors others for service
- Police: Man had drugs in backpack at school
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.