Local roundup: Clairton girls basketball team slips past Geibel
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Taleese Ogletree scored 23 points and pulled down 11 rebounds to lead Clairton (6-9, 2-5) to a 45-42 Section 4-A girls basketball victory over host Geibel on Monday.
Peyton McIntyre led all scorers with 27 points for the Gators (2-15, 0-7).
Winchester Thurston 76, Frazier 50 — Shala Barney scored 22 points as Winchester Thurston (9-6, 5-2) beat visiting Frazier in Section 4-A.
Lexi LoNero scored 14 points, and Brytney Humphries had 13 points.
Cassidy Guiser was the leading scorer with 25 for the Commodores (8-8, 3-3).
Lauren Timko contributed 15 points.
Greensburg Salem 66, Southmoreland 25 — Karly Mellinger scored 25 points, and Claire Oberdorf added 20 points as the Golden Lions (13-5, 8-1) knocked off the host Scotties (3-17, 0-10) in Section 3-AAA.
Greensburg Salem 14, Connellsville 0 — Cody Austad scored four goals and added four assists, and Dakota Sheetz stopped three shots to earn the shutout as the Golden Lions (10-4-1) defeated host Connellsville in PIHL Open Division action. Thomas Clark made 52 saves for the Falcons (0-13).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates top Cardinals, 5-2, on Davis’ homer; Alvarez, McCutchen hurt
- For Steelers outside linebacker Jones, size is not an obstacle
- Steelers notebook: Team cuts 15 players, including LB So’oto, RB Hall
- Steelers cornerbacks Allen, Gay, Taylor have something to prove
- Latrobe law firm’s secretary pleads guilty to income tax evasion
- Indiana County township ‘afraid for the water’ fights waste well
- Dem Wolf eyes shale’s ‘golden egg’ to boost school funding
- Pittsburgh paramedics treat 38 people at Stage AE concert
- Greensburg Central influence follows Delaware quarterback
- Marijuna, heroin arrests made in Penn Township
- Gorman: Rowan’s move hurts area hoops