Local roundup: Clairton girls basketball team slips past Geibel
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Taleese Ogletree scored 23 points and pulled down 11 rebounds to lead Clairton (6-9, 2-5) to a 45-42 Section 4-A girls basketball victory over host Geibel on Monday.
Peyton McIntyre led all scorers with 27 points for the Gators (2-15, 0-7).
Winchester Thurston 76, Frazier 50 — Shala Barney scored 22 points as Winchester Thurston (9-6, 5-2) beat visiting Frazier in Section 4-A.
Lexi LoNero scored 14 points, and Brytney Humphries had 13 points.
Cassidy Guiser was the leading scorer with 25 for the Commodores (8-8, 3-3).
Lauren Timko contributed 15 points.
Greensburg Salem 66, Southmoreland 25 — Karly Mellinger scored 25 points, and Claire Oberdorf added 20 points as the Golden Lions (13-5, 8-1) knocked off the host Scotties (3-17, 0-10) in Section 3-AAA.
Greensburg Salem 14, Connellsville 0 — Cody Austad scored four goals and added four assists, and Dakota Sheetz stopped three shots to earn the shutout as the Golden Lions (10-4-1) defeated host Connellsville in PIHL Open Division action. Thomas Clark made 52 saves for the Falcons (0-13).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Reliever Holdzkom among three players cut by Pirates
- Rolling Stones roll into Heinz Field June 20
- Former Pa. Gov. Corbett: From pension critic to collector
- Worker trapped in trench collapse in Butler County is freed
- Injuries to Penguins’ Ehrhoff, Letang force defense to pick up slack
- Pirates again approach Polanco about contract extension
- Reversing the field: Pirates continue to raid Yankees for hidden skill
- Five is enough for Penguins’ defensemen
- Laurel Mountain Ski Resort discusses planned revival
- Pgh. International leader strives to inject Pittsburgh flavor into airport
- Steelers’ Tomlin, Pirates’ Hurdle share similar philosophy