Local roundup: Mt. Pleasant boys basketball team wins
By Staff Reports
Published: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 11:18 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, January 31, 2013
Marcus Malara scored a game-high 25 points as the Mt. Pleasant boys basketball team defeated host Albert Gallatin, 61-44, on Wednesday in a nonsection game. Cody Monroe had 11 points, and Luke Liprando added 10 points for the Vikings (10-8).
Fred Houston led the Colonials (1-18) with 10 points, followed by Nate Singer with nine points.
Yough 73, Southmoreland 62 — Dom Miele scored 22 points and hauled in 15 rebounds as the Cougars (7-12, 4-6) posted a Section 3-AAA win over visiting Southmoreland. Josh Sterner scored 17 points and added 11 assists, and Ben D'Amico scored 13 points.
Zac Black led the Scotties (0-17, 0-10) with 17 points. Justin Livingood and Randy Ohler each finished with 12 points.
Uniontown 58, Greensburg Salem 51 — Birdie Winfrey scored 15 points to lead the Red Raiders (14-2, 8-1) to a Section 3-AAA win over host Greensburg Salem. Jordan Pratt scored 13 points, and Xavier Ellis contributed 12 points.
Max Ponzurick led all scorers with 21 points for the Golden Lions (3-14, 3-6). Sam Nowicki scored 11 points, and Patrick Boyer added 10 points.
- Kovacevic: It’s about time for these Penguins
- Steelers veteran outside linebacker Woodley: ‘I’m good to go’
- Senators on cusp of ouster against Penguins
- Penguins turn Game 4 into a blowout victory over the Senators
- Neal, Iginla get back on track to lead Penguins
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- Pizza shop owner waives hearing
- Millage reduced, tax bills could go up
- Former Springdale police officer charged with drug possession, stealing badge
- Steelers’ Miller watches, waits while teammates practice
- Starter Liriano impressive again as Pirates blank Cubs
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.