Local roundup: Mt. Pleasant boys basketball team wins
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Marcus Malara scored a game-high 25 points as the Mt. Pleasant boys basketball team defeated host Albert Gallatin, 61-44, on Wednesday in a nonsection game. Cody Monroe had 11 points, and Luke Liprando added 10 points for the Vikings (10-8).
Fred Houston led the Colonials (1-18) with 10 points, followed by Nate Singer with nine points.
Yough 73, Southmoreland 62 — Dom Miele scored 22 points and hauled in 15 rebounds as the Cougars (7-12, 4-6) posted a Section 3-AAA win over visiting Southmoreland. Josh Sterner scored 17 points and added 11 assists, and Ben D'Amico scored 13 points.
Zac Black led the Scotties (0-17, 0-10) with 17 points. Justin Livingood and Randy Ohler each finished with 12 points.
Uniontown 58, Greensburg Salem 51 — Birdie Winfrey scored 15 points to lead the Red Raiders (14-2, 8-1) to a Section 3-AAA win over host Greensburg Salem. Jordan Pratt scored 13 points, and Xavier Ellis contributed 12 points.
Max Ponzurick led all scorers with 21 points for the Golden Lions (3-14, 3-6). Sam Nowicki scored 11 points, and Patrick Boyer added 10 points.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Pederson had to go at Pitt
- Penguins’ Crosby details his mumps experience
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason
- Harvard study bolsters link between pollution, autism
- Judge delays January trial on Penn State sanctions
- Gettysburg national park poised to expand by 45 acres
- PennDOT to begin changing Glenbury Street Friday, part of Route 51/ 88 intersection rehab
- Chryst returns home, named football coach at Wisconsin
- 2 longtime Pittsburgh nonprofits agree to merge
- Pa. attorney general charges 10 in PennDOT fraud, kickback scheme
- In Pittsburgh charges, feds target Uganda-based counterfeiting ring