Local roundup: Mt. Pleasant boys basketball team wins
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Marcus Malara scored a game-high 25 points as the Mt. Pleasant boys basketball team defeated host Albert Gallatin, 61-44, on Wednesday in a nonsection game. Cody Monroe had 11 points, and Luke Liprando added 10 points for the Vikings (10-8).
Fred Houston led the Colonials (1-18) with 10 points, followed by Nate Singer with nine points.
Yough 73, Southmoreland 62 — Dom Miele scored 22 points and hauled in 15 rebounds as the Cougars (7-12, 4-6) posted a Section 3-AAA win over visiting Southmoreland. Josh Sterner scored 17 points and added 11 assists, and Ben D'Amico scored 13 points.
Zac Black led the Scotties (0-17, 0-10) with 17 points. Justin Livingood and Randy Ohler each finished with 12 points.
Uniontown 58, Greensburg Salem 51 — Birdie Winfrey scored 15 points to lead the Red Raiders (14-2, 8-1) to a Section 3-AAA win over host Greensburg Salem. Jordan Pratt scored 13 points, and Xavier Ellis contributed 12 points.
Max Ponzurick led all scorers with 21 points for the Golden Lions (3-14, 3-6). Sam Nowicki scored 11 points, and Patrick Boyer added 10 points.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates hit 3 HRs in rout of Red Sox
- Starkey: Two amazing Pirates fans
- Steelers defense a long way from ‘greatest of all time’
- Pirates notebook: Castillo’s debut underscores challenges in Cuban market
- Number of jobs in high-tech industry outpace workers in Pittsburgh, nation
- Police chase ends with shooting in Bell Township; suspect wounded
- Donegal Township families fight driller to get clean water
- Steelers remain confident in ground game
- NFL notebook: Cardinals RB Dwyer arrested on assault charges
- Penguins’ Johnston eager to open 1st camp
- Mandated sewer project to increase Alcosan customers’ bills