High school roundup: Latrobe boys top Connellsville
Mike Soforik led all scorers with 16 points as the Latrobe boys basketball team posted a 62-48 win over visiting Connellsville in a Section 1-AAAA game Friday. Ben Havrilla tallied 13 points, and Blake Reeping added 10 points for the Wildcats (12-8, 7-3).
Jade Maher and Trent Bauer each scored 11 points for the Falcons (6-14, 2-8).
Laurel Highlands 54, Yough 40 — Joe Pegg and Jake Mansberry each scored 15 points to lead the Mustangs (14-5, 9-1) to a Section 3-AAA win over host Yough. Nick Lancaster contributed 14 points.
Josh Sterner was the leading scorer for the Cougars (7-13, 4-7) with 13 points. Ben D'Amico and Kirk Brown followed with 11 and 10 points, respectively.
Charleroi 56, Frazier 41 — Ryan Konek and Matt Indorante each scored 14 points to help the Cougars (12-6, 10-2) knock off visiting Frazier in a Section 5-AA contest. Jim Diaz and Eric Johnson each scored 12 points.
Charles Manack and Vincent Bucci each scored 14 points for the Commodores (4-13, 2-9).
Carmichaels 62, Geibel 35 — Brandon Lawless tallied a game-high 33 points, and Sean Smoggie notched 10 points as the Mikes (15-4, 5-3) defeated host Geibel in Section 3-A. It was the 450th career victory for Carmichaels coach Don Williams.
Aaron Agostoni scored 19 points to lead the Gators (2-14, 1-6).
Boys freshman basketball
Connellsville 35, Mt. Pleasant 28 — Jim Cellurale scored 12 points, and Duston Wiggins added nine points as the Falcons (6-7) beat host Mt. Pleasant.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Liriano no ace, but he’s Bucs’ key
- 1 intruder killed, another injured in Carrick home invasion
- Moody’s downgrades Pa. rating; Corbett ponders pension reform session
- UPMC McKeesport president reiterates hospital will remain open
- Squirrel Hill street that had been paved getting another pave job
- Derry Township assault suspect arrested
- Ukrainian festival will go on in McKees Rocks despite crisis in homeland
- Latrobe’s Ci Medical Technologies transforms to medical device business
- Mercer restoration company turns junk into repurposed treasure
- Sewickley lawyer sues pharmacies, alleges ID theft with pills
- Clemson’s Stoudt is one of the unheralded ACC QBs trying to break out