High school roundup: Latrobe boys top Connellsville
By Staff Reports
Published: Friday, Feb. 1, 2013, 10:56 p.m.
Mike Soforik led all scorers with 16 points as the Latrobe boys basketball team posted a 62-48 win over visiting Connellsville in a Section 1-AAAA game Friday. Ben Havrilla tallied 13 points, and Blake Reeping added 10 points for the Wildcats (12-8, 7-3).
Jade Maher and Trent Bauer each scored 11 points for the Falcons (6-14, 2-8).
Laurel Highlands 54, Yough 40 — Joe Pegg and Jake Mansberry each scored 15 points to lead the Mustangs (14-5, 9-1) to a Section 3-AAA win over host Yough. Nick Lancaster contributed 14 points.
Josh Sterner was the leading scorer for the Cougars (7-13, 4-7) with 13 points. Ben D'Amico and Kirk Brown followed with 11 and 10 points, respectively.
Charleroi 56, Frazier 41 — Ryan Konek and Matt Indorante each scored 14 points to help the Cougars (12-6, 10-2) knock off visiting Frazier in a Section 5-AA contest. Jim Diaz and Eric Johnson each scored 12 points.
Charles Manack and Vincent Bucci each scored 14 points for the Commodores (4-13, 2-9).
Carmichaels 62, Geibel 35 — Brandon Lawless tallied a game-high 33 points, and Sean Smoggie notched 10 points as the Mikes (15-4, 5-3) defeated host Geibel in Section 3-A. It was the 450th career victory for Carmichaels coach Don Williams.
Aaron Agostoni scored 19 points to lead the Gators (2-14, 1-6).
Boys freshman basketball
Connellsville 35, Mt. Pleasant 28 — Jim Cellurale scored 12 points, and Duston Wiggins added nine points as the Falcons (6-7) beat host Mt. Pleasant.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins’ Orpik taken off ice on stretcher
- Central Catholic delivers crushing defensive performance to qualify for PIAA championship
- Boy has emergency, dies on flight to visit family
- Suspense builds for pipeline report
- Autobahn toll plan attracts backlash
- Bali summit yields global trade deal
- Running game carries South Fayette past Hickory and into PIAA title game
- Protesters rip fences, Chevron’s plans
- Steelers notebook: TE Spaeth activated for stretch run
- New York City mayor’s tax breaks generous
- Hunter dies in apparent Cambria hunting accident