Local roundup: PS Fayette basketball teams split with PS Beaver
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Brandon Cunningham scored a game-high 23 points, and David Winns followed with 21 points as the Penn State Fayette men's basketball team defeated host Penn State Beaver, 85-68, in a PSUAC game Saturday. Darius Mack had 17 points, and James Pratt added 14 points for the Roaring Lions (11-11, 10-4).
Robert Agurs scored 20 points and pulled down 11 rebounds for Penn State Beaver (18-5, 15-1). Nick Miller scored 17 points, and Julin Taylor was next with 15 points. Chris Weathers notched 10 points.
Penn State Beaver 81, Penn State Fayette 68 — Hayden Kimbrough scored 33 points to go with 12 rebounds as Penn State Beaver (15-6, 10-3) beat visiting Penn State Fayette in a PSUAC contest Saturday. Brittany Tomaselli scored 16 points, and Morgan Kurtz added 12 points.
Kaitlyn Novak led the Roaring Lions (10-8, 9-2) with 18 points. Kasey Ruble scored 14 points, and Tara Neely posted 13 points.
Uniontown 88, Southmoreland 46 — Jordan Pratt scored 22 points, and Christian Kezmarsky came through with 21 points as the Red Raiders (15-2, 9-1) beat the visiting Scotties in a Section 3-AAA game Saturday. Birdie Winfrey tallied 13 points, and Xavier Ellis added in 10 points.
Zac Black led the Scotties (0-18, 0-11) with 14 points, and Josh Livengood contributed 10 points.
WCCA meet — Fallon Nelson took second in the 200 freestyle (1:59.36) as well as the 500 freestyle (5:19.06) to help the Mt. Pleasant girls swim team finish seventh overall at the Westmoreland County Coaches Association meet on Saturday at Derry High School. Mt. Pleasant finished with 91 points. Latrobe won the girls championship with 265 points.
In the boys event, Dillon Zarycki nabbed a second-place finish in the 50 freestyle (22:59) as Mt. Pleasant finished fifth overall with 100 1⁄2 points. Penn-Trafford won the boys title with 262 1⁄2 points.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL coaches weigh in on Polamalu’s legacy
- Brookline 12-year-old crashes mother’s car
- Pirates’ outfield may have few defensive peers
- Owner of Penn Hills tombstone business pleads guilty to swindling the bereaved
- Penguins’ Letang leaves hospital, out with concussion
- Hempfield infant fights rare disease
- Penguins slip past Sharks, 3-2, in shootout
- 1 dead after car tries to ram Fort Meade gate
- LaBar: WrestleMania 31 one of the best ever
- Starkey: Next frontier for Steelers offense
- Crash, downed utility pole block intersection in Bridgeville