Local roundup: Mt. Pleasant girls fall to Uniontown
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Danasha Harris scored 21 points to lead the Uniontown girls basketball team to a 53-31 win over host Mt. Pleasant in a Section 3-AAA game Wednesday.
Lydya Dennis chipped in 14 points for the Red Raiders (16-2, 10-1). The win clinches at least a share of the section title for Uniontown.
Alexa Szelong paced the Vikings (9-11, 5-6) with 10 points.
Sto-Rox 78, Geibel 43 — Aimee Miller scored 18 points to go along with 15 rebounds, and Dinazhia Barksdale had 13 points as Sto-Rox (5-15) beat host Geibel in a nonsection game. Anja Weisser scored 11 points. Haley Weisser and Samye Williams each checked in with 10 points.
Peyton McIntyre scored 12 points to lead the Gators (3-18). Emily Costantino dropped in 10 points.
Frazier 82, Bentworth 70 — Roger Cline scored 22 points, and Jared Rebovich netted 15 points as the Commodores (6-13, 4-9) defeated host Bentworth in Section 5-AA. Vincent Bucci tallied 13 points. Paul Pellick and Charles Manack each scored 11 points.
Cody Levine led all scorers with 26 points for the Bearcats (7-13, 4-9). Chris Blackburn scored 23 points, and Zach Robker added 10 points.
East Allegheny 65, Mt. Pleasant 63 — Joel Randolph led all scorers with 21 points, and Shawn Adairhad 17 points as East Allegheny (12-9) nipped visiting Mt. Pleasant in a nonsection game. Jordan Williams scored 15 points, and Malik Pope notched 10 points.
Marcus Malara was the leading scorer for the Vikings (12-9) with 17 points. Ryan Gumbita dropped in 14 points, and Luke Liprando contributed 12 points.
Monessen 78, Geibel 48 — Clintell Gillaspie scored 15 points and added 10 rebounds, and Nicodemus Payne produced 14 points and 18 rebounds as the Greyhounds (8-11, 6-2) earned a Section 3-A win over host Geibel. Luke Doptos scored 10 points.
Aaron Agostoni led the Gators (2-16, 1-8) with 20 points, and Tyler Schweiss added 10 points.
Boys freshmen basketball
Connellsville 54, Frazier 27 — Jim Cellurale scored 14 points, and Duston Wiggins added seven points as the Falcons (7-7) beat visiting Frazier. Riley Anderson and Caleb Miller each scored five points.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ejections, heated moments mark Pirates’ win over Reds
- Inside the Steelers: Roethlisberger strong in goal-line drills
- Slot CB Boykin gives Steelers options in secondary
- Zimbabwe alleges Murrysville doctor illegally killed lion
- Steelers notebook: WR Bryant sidelined after minor procedure on right elbow
- Pirates notebook: Burnett says ‘surgery is not an option’
- Latest debris found on French island not from missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Making environmentalism divisive
- Former Schenley star Kennedy leads Overseas Elite to $1 million prize
- News Alert
- Addision man killed in Route 40 collision