Local roundup: Burrell girls top Mt. Pleasant
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Natalie Myers scored a game-high 19 points as Burrell (20-2) beat Mt. Pleasant, 58-41, in a nonsection game Saturday as part of the Westmoreland County Hoopfest at Greensburg Central Catholic. Jessica Cercone scored 13 points, and Syndey Bardonaro tallied 12 points.
Elaina Fearer led Mt. Pleasant (10-12) with 14 points.
Penn State Fayette 89, Penn State Brandywine 85 — James Pratt and Brandon Cunningham each scored 27 points to lead the Roaring Lions (14-11, 13-4) to a PSUAC win over visiting Penn State Brandywine on Saturday. Ryan Hart added 13 points and 11 rebounds.
Dan Robinson paced Penn State Brandywine (16-9, 13-4) with 27 points, and Rasheed Wilkins followed with 21 points. Brandon Jacquette added 13 points, and Mahamane Toure tallied 12 points.
Penn State Brandywine 81, Penn State Fayette 67 — Emily Lawry-Thompson scored 22 points and pulled down 11 rebounds, and Lauren Munro added 16 points as Penn State Brandywine (17-7, 13-1) beat host Penn State Fayette in PSUAC action Saturday. Myeisha Matos scored 15 points, and Brandy Flowers contributed 13 points.
Shannon Flament and Tara Neely each scored 16 points with Flament adding 10 rebounds for the Roaring Lions (12-9, 11-3). Caitlin Wontroba scored 14 points, and Kasey Ruble had 12 points.
Freshman boys basketball
Connellsville 41, Belle Vernon 38 — Corey Fogle, Jim Cellurale and Tyler Evans each scored seven points as the Falcons (9-8) concluded their season with a win over host Belle Vernon. Caleb Miller and Colby Shipley each scored six points.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mt. Lebanon native, Iraq war hero’s action goes unrewarded
- NFL coaches weigh in on Polamalu’s legacy
- Hit sends Penguins’ Letang to hospital
- Probiotic bacteria help conquer ‘superbugs’
- Arab League gets serious on terrorism
- Shortfalls sabotage promise of a union retiree’s pension
- Wisconsin beats McConnell, Arizona, 85-78, to advance to Final Four
- Bordonaro boosts East girls to 79-72 victory in Cager Classic
- Pirates pitchers finding success with expanded strike zone
- Smaller properties in Alle-Kiski Valley remain attractive to drillers
- Rep. Barletta urges Republicans to stay tough on illegal immigration