SSA girls finish season with another close loss
By Staff Report
Published: Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
The Shady Side Academy girls basketball team saw its season come to a close on Feb. 11 with a 37-36 loss to Avonworth.
The Indians held an 18-17 halftime edge. Audrey Koi led all scorers with 13 points.
“It was another close loss,” SSA coach Audrey Scott said. “We've had a lot of experience with them this season. Hopefully, next year we'll be winning the close games.
“The younger girls will be much more experienced in these situations.”
SSA boys hoops
The Shady Side Academy boys basketball team fell to Avonworth, 65-52, in their regular season wrapup. Avonworth jumped out to a 24-11 lead after one quarter and the Indians couldn't recover. Michael Ware and Dan Marous each scored 12 points for the Indians (8-14).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Panthers pulling weight for new strength coach
- Patience pays off as starting pitcher Volquez gets 1st win for Pirates
- Pirates should exploit free-swinging Brewers
- Pens insider: Penalty killing a concern in Stanley Cup playoffs
- Plum native Umberger inching closer to making return for Blue Jackets
- Undersized rookie Gibbons is blur on ice for Penguins
- Greensburg high school roundup: Yough softball defeats Belle Vernon in 10 innings
- 4 dead in ‘horrific’ Armstrong County crash
- Body found on train tracks in West End
- Penguins’ Bylsma and Blue Jackets’ Richards know each other well
- Offseason work helps Vincentian pitchers go distance this season