SSA girls finish season with another close loss
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Shady Side Academy girls basketball team saw its season come to a close on Feb. 11 with a 37-36 loss to Avonworth.
The Indians held an 18-17 halftime edge. Audrey Koi led all scorers with 13 points.
“It was another close loss,” SSA coach Audrey Scott said. “We've had a lot of experience with them this season. Hopefully, next year we'll be winning the close games.
“The younger girls will be much more experienced in these situations.”
SSA boys hoops
The Shady Side Academy boys basketball team fell to Avonworth, 65-52, in their regular season wrapup. Avonworth jumped out to a 24-11 lead after one quarter and the Indians couldn't recover. Michael Ware and Dan Marous each scored 12 points for the Indians (8-14).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penn Hills couple dismembered in their home; son in custody
- Penguins testing Fleury, Maatta, Bortuzzo for mumps
- Pa. attorney general charges 10 in ‘massive fraud, kickback scheme’ at PennDOT
- Ex-Pittsburgh mayoral candidate back in jail
- Steelers lookahead: Chiefs’ Charles injured but remains dangerous threat
- Media attention yields no clues as to identity of woman whose head was found in Economy
- Former Charlotte coach to lead Riverhounds
- Replacement attorney named to represent daughter in Scaife trust dispute
- Penguins defenseman Letang having best season in new system
- West Virginia athletic director Luck steps down to join NCAA
- Executive says Century III revival plan remains on track