SSA girls finish season with another close loss
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Shady Side Academy girls basketball team saw its season come to a close on Feb. 11 with a 37-36 loss to Avonworth.
The Indians held an 18-17 halftime edge. Audrey Koi led all scorers with 13 points.
“It was another close loss,” SSA coach Audrey Scott said. “We've had a lot of experience with them this season. Hopefully, next year we'll be winning the close games.
“The younger girls will be much more experienced in these situations.”
SSA boys hoops
The Shady Side Academy boys basketball team fell to Avonworth, 65-52, in their regular season wrapup. Avonworth jumped out to a 24-11 lead after one quarter and the Indians couldn't recover. Michael Ware and Dan Marous each scored 12 points for the Indians (8-14).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McCullers’, McLendon’s prowess in clogging trenches crucial to Steelers defense
- Steelers swap draft pick for Eagles cornerback
- Rossi: Looking at the next great Steeler
- After early criticism, Haley has Steelers offense poised to be even better
- Reds solve Cole, stave off Pirates’ 9th-inning rally
- Former South Park coach Loughran optimistic about Fox Chapel’s prospects
- Pirates notebook: New acquisition Happ more than happy to fill spot in rotation
- O’Neil jumps right in to AD duties at Kiski Area
- Roman Catholic Church in midst of culture clash over gays
- Rainy summer delays paving projects in New Kensington
- Penguins not alone in top-heavy approach to salary cap