SSA girls finish season with another close loss
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Shady Side Academy girls basketball team saw its season come to a close on Feb. 11 with a 37-36 loss to Avonworth.
The Indians held an 18-17 halftime edge. Audrey Koi led all scorers with 13 points.
“It was another close loss,” SSA coach Audrey Scott said. “We've had a lot of experience with them this season. Hopefully, next year we'll be winning the close games.
“The younger girls will be much more experienced in these situations.”
SSA boys hoops
The Shady Side Academy boys basketball team fell to Avonworth, 65-52, in their regular season wrapup. Avonworth jumped out to a 24-11 lead after one quarter and the Indians couldn't recover. Michael Ware and Dan Marous each scored 12 points for the Indians (8-14).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Coyotes’ ability to proliferate despite year-round hunting shows need for culling contests, experts say
- Steelers not limiting themselves in free agency
- McConnell’s 34 points fuel Chartiers Valley’s come-from-behind victory in Class AAA title game
- Big names become available this week via free agency; will Steelers be tempted?
- Winnik impresses Penguins in first workout
- NFL notebook: Cowboys to place franchise tag on wide receiver Bryant
- Pirates notebook: Infield prospect Hanson used to playing elders
- Under Rutherford, it’s been a sizeable shakeup for Penguins
- Against Wake Forest, Pitt looks to reverse fortunes on road
- Burnett’s farewell tour wishlist has just 1 item: Pirates World Series
- Greensburg pair jailed in convenience store robbery