Hempfield's Falbo, West Mifflin's Forester win regional bowling titles
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Hempfield's Justyne Falbo captured the Western Pennsylvania Regional bowling title Friday at North Versailles Bowl, just one year after finishing second at the event.
Falbo defeated teammate Cortney Weirs, 238-190, in the championship match. Both advanced past the opening six games and through the stepladder playoffs. In the boys finals, West Mifflin's Tommy Forester defeated Wilson Christian Academy's Brendan Schink, 190-174.
The top 12 finishers advance to the Pennsylvania singles championships to be held March 15-16 at Dutch Lanes in Ephrata.
The Western Pennsylvania Regional team championships will be Saturday at North Versailles Bowl.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Emergency crews check report of Hempfield ATV-train crash
- Ex-Baldwin, Pitt star Pinkston not giving up on NFL dream
- Man shot multiple times in Hill; suspects sought
- Pirates chase Mets’ Harvey early in rout
- Harlan: Coveted North Hills lineman fits up-tempo style
- Former pitcher Allie happily adjusting to outfield
- ‘Ninja Warrior’ breathes life into Carrie Furnaces
- Biertempfel: Despite Marte’s inconsistency, Pirates’ Hurdle keeping faith
- Pa. gaming industry’s growth amplifies siren call for addicts
- Going the distance no longer part of the game
- Book details secret to Pirates’ turnaround