Hempfield's Falbo, West Mifflin's Forester win regional bowling titles
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Friday, March 8, 2013, 6:12 p.m.
Hempfield's Justyne Falbo captured the Western Pennsylvania Regional bowling title Friday at North Versailles Bowl, just one year after finishing second at the event.
Falbo defeated teammate Cortney Weirs, 238-190, in the championship match. Both advanced past the opening six games and through the stepladder playoffs. In the boys finals, West Mifflin's Tommy Forester defeated Wilson Christian Academy's Brendan Schink, 190-174.
The top 12 finishers advance to the Pennsylvania singles championships to be held March 15-16 at Dutch Lanes in Ephrata.
The Western Pennsylvania Regional team championships will be Saturday at North Versailles Bowl.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Kovacevic: Big Ben’s contract clock ticking
- Westmoreland County Courthouse in Greensburg to be featured in TV series
- Talented center Sutter is proving to be ‘pretty important’ for Penguins
- Robert Morris University Polling Institute poll finds value of college in doubt
- Western Pennsylvania engineer aboard missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Parking tickets in Downtown Pittsburgh spark outrage
- Ailing Downtown August Wilson Center awaits rescue; no real estate offers yet
- School board debates dress code
- Tax refund promise led Ligonier Valley High School teacher to second career as corgi breeder
- MLB notebook: Cardinals sign Cuban shortstop to 4-year deal
- Junior ROTC program a training ground