Hempfield's Falbo, West Mifflin's Forester win regional bowling titles
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Hempfield's Justyne Falbo captured the Western Pennsylvania Regional bowling title Friday at North Versailles Bowl, just one year after finishing second at the event.
Falbo defeated teammate Cortney Weirs, 238-190, in the championship match. Both advanced past the opening six games and through the stepladder playoffs. In the boys finals, West Mifflin's Tommy Forester defeated Wilson Christian Academy's Brendan Schink, 190-174.
The top 12 finishers advance to the Pennsylvania singles championships to be held March 15-16 at Dutch Lanes in Ephrata.
The Western Pennsylvania Regional team championships will be Saturday at North Versailles Bowl.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Giants, Bumgarner shut out Pirates in wild-card game
- Mt. Pleasant area man dies following police chase
- Bumgarner quiets Blackout crowd with 4-hit shutout
- Familiar format focuses on journey to Yesteryear visit
- Giants’ Crawford makes history with slam
- West Virginia man dies from injuries sustained in chemical explosion
- Rossi: Pirates can’t waste McCutchen’s prime
- Pirates notebook: Nutting says team may ‘stretch’ for Martin
- Dumpster-diner’s point on food waste valid but not a solution
- Highmark to increase premiums, limit access to health care in new plans
- Leader Times high roundup: Freeport girls soccer team makes playoffs