Hempfield's Falbo, West Mifflin's Forester win regional bowling titles
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Hempfield's Justyne Falbo captured the Western Pennsylvania Regional bowling title Friday at North Versailles Bowl, just one year after finishing second at the event.
Falbo defeated teammate Cortney Weirs, 238-190, in the championship match. Both advanced past the opening six games and through the stepladder playoffs. In the boys finals, West Mifflin's Tommy Forester defeated Wilson Christian Academy's Brendan Schink, 190-174.
The top 12 finishers advance to the Pennsylvania singles championships to be held March 15-16 at Dutch Lanes in Ephrata.
The Western Pennsylvania Regional team championships will be Saturday at North Versailles Bowl.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Man robbed, shot in East Liberty
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Police investigate 2 shootings in Washington County, one of them fatal
- Fire at Flight 93 National Memorial hints at struggle to safeguard historic artifacts
- Script is it: Classic Pitt helmet design to return
- Fábregas: Cancer-stricken California woman chooses to plan her death
- Pens look to buck shots, goals trend
- Pitt puts focus to test in jumbled ACC Coastal race
- Penguins notebook: Carcillo has no hard feelings after failing to make roster
- Corbett, Wolf resort to sticks, stones to attract attention