Hempfield’s Falbo, West Mifflin’s Forester win regional bowling titles
Published: Friday, March 8, 2013, 6:12 p.m.
Updated: Friday, March 8, 2013
Hempfield's Justyne Falbo captured the Western Pennsylvania Regional bowling title Friday at North Versailles Bowl, just one year after finishing second at the event.
Falbo defeated teammate Cortney Weirs, 238-190, in the championship match. Both advanced past the opening six games and through the stepladder playoffs. In the boys finals, West Mifflin's Tommy Forester defeated Wilson Christian Academy's Brendan Schink, 190-174.
The top 12 finishers advance to the Pennsylvania singles championships to be held March 15-16 at Dutch Lanes in Ephrata.
The Western Pennsylvania Regional team championships will be Saturday at North Versailles Bowl.
- Steelers might be forced to rely on rookies in 2013
- Gulf Tower ‘turns’ red over Pens goals
- Kovacevic: Do Senators have anything left?
- Trib poll: Peduto pulling ahead in Pittsburgh mayor’s race
- Penguins’ Dupuis earns teammates’ respect with consistent play
- Starkey: Robots over umps? Yes, please
- Brown’s ‘Inferno’ puts Langdon through his paces
- Gorman: Pitt hoops could soon have Western Pa. flavor
- Pirates’ bullpen falters in extra-inning loss to Astros
- Rossi: Late-game moves pay off
- Penguins notebook: Spezza will return for Senators in Game 3
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.