Hempfield's Falbo, West Mifflin's Forester win regional bowling titles
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Hempfield's Justyne Falbo captured the Western Pennsylvania Regional bowling title Friday at North Versailles Bowl, just one year after finishing second at the event.
Falbo defeated teammate Cortney Weirs, 238-190, in the championship match. Both advanced past the opening six games and through the stepladder playoffs. In the boys finals, West Mifflin's Tommy Forester defeated Wilson Christian Academy's Brendan Schink, 190-174.
The top 12 finishers advance to the Pennsylvania singles championships to be held March 15-16 at Dutch Lanes in Ephrata.
The Western Pennsylvania Regional team championships will be Saturday at North Versailles Bowl.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Brawl for ADs between Pitt and WVU
- Fleury’s career-best 6th shutout lifts Penguins over Avalanche in overtime
- Veteran tight end Miller’s blocking skill crucial to success to Steelers running game
- With Pittsburgh charges, feds target Uganda-based counterfeiting ring
- Steelers must be creative in providing snaps for linebackers
- Analysis: Misunderstood Chryst served Pitt well
- Pitt offensive coordinator Rudolph still focused on Panthers
- Time is of essence for Pitt in finding football coach, athletic director
- Steelers notebook: Chiefs pass rush to test Steelers
- Assistant at Duke eyes Pitt football job
- 11 Westmoreland inmates accused of setting fire put in solitary confinement