Hempfield's Falbo, West Mifflin's Forester win regional bowling titles
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Hempfield's Justyne Falbo captured the Western Pennsylvania Regional bowling title Friday at North Versailles Bowl, just one year after finishing second at the event.
Falbo defeated teammate Cortney Weirs, 238-190, in the championship match. Both advanced past the opening six games and through the stepladder playoffs. In the boys finals, West Mifflin's Tommy Forester defeated Wilson Christian Academy's Brendan Schink, 190-174.
The top 12 finishers advance to the Pennsylvania singles championships to be held March 15-16 at Dutch Lanes in Ephrata.
The Western Pennsylvania Regional team championships will be Saturday at North Versailles Bowl.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Comeau’s hat trick leads Penguins; Crosby reaches career points
- Pregnant woman struck by van in North Side dies; doctors save baby
- Starkey: Rutherford will add when timing’s right
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Amusement parks fight off home entertainment threat
- Fatal crash closes Flight 93 chapel in Somerset County
- Police on hunt for suspects in unrelated Penn Township, Manor cases
- Pitt plays best game of the season; routs Kansas State
- Surge in small drones making airline pilots nervous
- Blairsville judge accused in hit-run set to enter program for 1st-time offenders