High school roundup: Frazier softball team opens with victory
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Alexis Livingstone homered, doubled and singled, and Monica Joseph had four hits, including a double, as the Frazier softball team defeated visiting Cambridge Springs, 12-3, on Saturday in a nonsection game. Andrea Lash had three hits and was the winning pitcher for the Commodores (1-0).
Mt. Pleasant 2, Hempfield 0 — The Vikings (1-0) scored two runs in the first inning and made it stand up in a nonsection win over visiting Hempfield on Saturday. Paige Hertzog doubled, and Ashley Pospisil was the winning pitcher.
Kelsie Hendrick had three hits, including a double for Hempfield (0-1). Kasey Kolick tripled, and Maddy Kinzer doubled. Hope Pearson was the losing pitcher.
Yough 2, Southmoreland 1 — The Cougars scored two runs in the sixth inning to pull out a win over visiting Southmoreland on Saturday in a nonsection game. Mitch Ridenour and Zac Ripple each doubled for Southmoreland. Michael Baird was the losing pitcher for the Scotties (0-1).
Brownsville 12, Mt. Pleasant 6 — Mitch Matlas had four hits, including two doubles, but the Vikings (1-1) were beaten by visiting Brownsville in a nonsection game Saturday. Jake Adamrovich was the losing pitcher. Noah Saxon was the winning pitcher.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt falls flat in finale loss to Miami
- Absenteeism high on first day back after Peters Township teacher strike
- Body found in Allegheny River in Harrison
- 3 police hurt in shooting near Colo. Planned Parenthood clinic; gunman loose
- Indiana County school employee allegedly showed 2 students an inappropriate photo
- Chief justice revokes Feudale’s senior judge status
- Steelers plan to use smart pass rush against Seattle QB Wilson
- School lunch group hopes to revise rules it calls impractical, too restrictive
- So Many Questions: ‘Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce’ actress says breaking up is rarely easy
- Steelers notebook: Linebacker Timmons hoping for contract extension
- 5 injured in Route 51 crash in Rostraver