High school roundup: Frazier softball team opens with victory
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Alexis Livingstone homered, doubled and singled, and Monica Joseph had four hits, including a double, as the Frazier softball team defeated visiting Cambridge Springs, 12-3, on Saturday in a nonsection game. Andrea Lash had three hits and was the winning pitcher for the Commodores (1-0).
Mt. Pleasant 2, Hempfield 0 — The Vikings (1-0) scored two runs in the first inning and made it stand up in a nonsection win over visiting Hempfield on Saturday. Paige Hertzog doubled, and Ashley Pospisil was the winning pitcher.
Kelsie Hendrick had three hits, including a double for Hempfield (0-1). Kasey Kolick tripled, and Maddy Kinzer doubled. Hope Pearson was the losing pitcher.
Yough 2, Southmoreland 1 — The Cougars scored two runs in the sixth inning to pull out a win over visiting Southmoreland on Saturday in a nonsection game. Mitch Ridenour and Zac Ripple each doubled for Southmoreland. Michael Baird was the losing pitcher for the Scotties (0-1).
Brownsville 12, Mt. Pleasant 6 — Mitch Matlas had four hits, including two doubles, but the Vikings (1-1) were beaten by visiting Brownsville in a nonsection game Saturday. Jake Adamrovich was the losing pitcher. Noah Saxon was the winning pitcher.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 7 in custody after New Kensington drug raid
- Steelers dial up 2-point play for Brown’s TD toss
- Steelers’ defense rebounds after shaky 1st quarter, forces Texans into mistakes
- Rostraver woman victim of home invasion
- Penguins notebook: Newcomers get 1st taste of rivalry with Flyers
- Injured Pitt center Rowell plays well-rounded role on campus
- So Many Questions: ‘Kingdom’ actress Joanna Going sees addiction’s consequences
- NHL notebook: Kings support suspension of defenseman Voynov
- Police seize phones of some Norwin High School students
- District college notes: St. Vincent names women’s assistant coach
- The Wine Cellar: Chairman’s Selections highlight Italian wine values