High school roundup: Frazier softball team opens with victory
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Alexis Livingstone homered, doubled and singled, and Monica Joseph had four hits, including a double, as the Frazier softball team defeated visiting Cambridge Springs, 12-3, on Saturday in a nonsection game. Andrea Lash had three hits and was the winning pitcher for the Commodores (1-0).
Mt. Pleasant 2, Hempfield 0 — The Vikings (1-0) scored two runs in the first inning and made it stand up in a nonsection win over visiting Hempfield on Saturday. Paige Hertzog doubled, and Ashley Pospisil was the winning pitcher.
Kelsie Hendrick had three hits, including a double for Hempfield (0-1). Kasey Kolick tripled, and Maddy Kinzer doubled. Hope Pearson was the losing pitcher.
Yough 2, Southmoreland 1 — The Cougars scored two runs in the sixth inning to pull out a win over visiting Southmoreland on Saturday in a nonsection game. Mitch Ridenour and Zac Ripple each doubled for Southmoreland. Michael Baird was the losing pitcher for the Scotties (0-1).
Brownsville 12, Mt. Pleasant 6 — Mitch Matlas had four hits, including two doubles, but the Vikings (1-1) were beaten by visiting Brownsville in a nonsection game Saturday. Jake Adamrovich was the losing pitcher. Noah Saxon was the winning pitcher.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McKeesport fatal shooting under investigation
- Treasury’s clampdown on tax inversions takes bite out of share prices
- Rossi: Harrison can lead by talking about past
- Pirates defeat Braves to clinch NL playoff spot for 2nd consecutive season
- Wings coach Babcock does not hide affection for Penguins’ Crosby
- Aging natural gaslines pose hidden threat across U.S.
- Michael Baker CEO Bergman outlines changes in Pittsburgh-based engineering company
- CMU researchers track devices that keep healthy lifestyles in reach
- Fox Chapel wins thriller
- Penguins blanked at Columbus, 2-0
- Steelers’ Taylor recovering from forearm surgery