Connellsville drops tennis section opener
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Connellsville's boys tennis team began Section 1-AAA play Tuesday afternoon with a 5-0 loss to Latrobe.
Jim Manges fell to Latrobe' Chad Kissell, 6-1, 6-0, at first singles. At second singles, Ken Ziegler lost, 6-2, 6-0, to Mike Sisak, and Latrobe's Miko Reyes topped Eric Trump, 6-4, 6-0, at third singles.
In doubles play, Tristan Kozel and Lawrence Becker fell 6-0, 6-0, and Tyler McFadden and Jason Miller lost 6-0, 6-2.
Connellsville (1-2, 0-1) is scheduled to play at Greensburg Salem at 4 p.m. Wednesday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Animal Friends receives $1.5 million state grant
- I-79 line painting begins Thursday
- NFL notebook: Raiders name Sparano interim coach
- Penguins notebook: Malkin picture muddy
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- Steelers film session: Harrison on the field often
- Public station WQED cutting staff in face of financial woes
- Multisport athletes help Derry cross country find success
- Steelers are vowing to fix the costly penalties, lack of self-discipline
- Greater Latrobe School District explores options for students’ careers after high school
- Pittsburgh rallies for second year of Pirates magic