Connellsville drops tennis section opener
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Connellsville's boys tennis team began Section 1-AAA play Tuesday afternoon with a 5-0 loss to Latrobe.
Jim Manges fell to Latrobe' Chad Kissell, 6-1, 6-0, at first singles. At second singles, Ken Ziegler lost, 6-2, 6-0, to Mike Sisak, and Latrobe's Miko Reyes topped Eric Trump, 6-4, 6-0, at third singles.
In doubles play, Tristan Kozel and Lawrence Becker fell 6-0, 6-0, and Tyler McFadden and Jason Miller lost 6-0, 6-2.
Connellsville (1-2, 0-1) is scheduled to play at Greensburg Salem at 4 p.m. Wednesday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fleury’s career-best 6th shutout lifts Penguins over Avalanche in overtime
- House fire quickly snuffed in Ford City
- Samples show Plumcreek gas leaks aren’t methane
- Rossi: Brawl for ADs between Pitt and WVU
- Project Joy lifts Christmas spirits at Armstrong County Health Center
- Armstrong County adopts $20.7 million budget, maintains tax rate
- Analysis: Misunderstood Chryst served Pitt well
- Veteran tight end Miller’s blocking skill crucial to success to Steelers running game
- With Pittsburgh charges, feds target Uganda-based counterfeiting ring
- Steelers must be creative in providing snaps for linebackers
- Beacons track shoppers’ smartphones amid retailers’ aisles