Connellsville drops tennis section opener
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Connellsville's boys tennis team began Section 1-AAA play Tuesday afternoon with a 5-0 loss to Latrobe.
Jim Manges fell to Latrobe' Chad Kissell, 6-1, 6-0, at first singles. At second singles, Ken Ziegler lost, 6-2, 6-0, to Mike Sisak, and Latrobe's Miko Reyes topped Eric Trump, 6-4, 6-0, at third singles.
In doubles play, Tristan Kozel and Lawrence Becker fell 6-0, 6-0, and Tyler McFadden and Jason Miller lost 6-0, 6-2.
Connellsville (1-2, 0-1) is scheduled to play at Greensburg Salem at 4 p.m. Wednesday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in North Oakland
- PennDOT says inbound Fort Pitt Tunnel will close around-the-clock this weekend
- 3 in Westmoreland charged in prescription narcotics operation
- Starkey: What are Penguins, Pirates up to?
- Highmark members to keep maternity care at Magee in 2015
- Pitt’s 2015 schedule includes 5 road games in 1st 7 games
- Lapierre eager to make mark with Penguins
- Young Hempfield swimmers look to make impact at WCCA meet
- Special Olympians to take to center court at Pitt-Greensburg
- Greensburg Salem swimmers preparing for WPIAL meet
- Porterfield: Donegal Christian school plans blood drive