Connellsville drops tennis section opener
By Staff Report
Published: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 7:12 p.m.
Connellsville's boys tennis team began Section 1-AAA play Tuesday afternoon with a 5-0 loss to Latrobe.
Jim Manges fell to Latrobe' Chad Kissell, 6-1, 6-0, at first singles. At second singles, Ken Ziegler lost, 6-2, 6-0, to Mike Sisak, and Latrobe's Miko Reyes topped Eric Trump, 6-4, 6-0, at third singles.
In doubles play, Tristan Kozel and Lawrence Becker fell 6-0, 6-0, and Tyler McFadden and Jason Miller lost 6-0, 6-2.
Connellsville (1-2, 0-1) is scheduled to play at Greensburg Salem at 4 p.m. Wednesday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Garden Q&A: Firecracker vine OK for trellis?
- Three ejected after Pirates, Brewers brawl
- Starkey: Penguins’ arrogance astounding
- Egg decorating turns to fight, charges in Brookline, police say
- Cool chemistry: Programs at Springdale library take inspiration from late science professor
- Plum man revels in Keystone hall of fame induction
- Choral concerts planned in Dawson church
- Six NA students finalists in Musical Kids competition
- Bridge work planned for Route 68 in Brady’s Bend
- Study to target pool use at Belmont Complex
- Hillside repairs to cost $35K more than expected