Local roundup: Laurel Highlands runs past Connellsville
By Staff Reports
Published: Thursday, March 28, 2013, 11:00 p.m.
Tom Nicholson, Joe Baughman, Devin Pisarski and Matt Cramer teamed up to win the 3,200 relay (9:25), but the Connellsville boys track and field team dropped a 94-56 decision to Laurel Highlands in a Section 2-AAA meet Thursday.
Jordan McCrae won the 100 (11.2). Nate Norton took the high jump (6 feet) and Dylan Meyer had the top discus throw (121-9). Jeremy Welsh won the pole vault (10-6) for the Falcons.
Jacob Longley paced the Mustangs (1-0, 1-0) with wins in the 100 hurdles (15.8) and 300 hurdles (42.7). Adam Ennis was a winner in the 400 (53.9) and the 800 (2:15.5) and Michael Cecchini won the 1,600 (4:48) and 3,200 (10:46).
Dontay Jacobs won the 200 (23.4), while Jason Leone took the long jump (19.4). Ryan Gesso picked up a win in the javelin (137-11), and E.J. Blaszcak had the best mark in the triple jump (41-73⁄4). Shane Guthrie took first in the shot put (42-1).
Joe Pegg, Coron Mains, Jacobs and Leone won the 400 relay (46.6). Brett Kusniar, Pegg, Longley and Ennis won the 1,600 relay (3:41.5).
In the girls race, Darian Leighty, Jessica Lohr, Lauren Herman and Ashton Grimm notched a victory in the 400 relay (53.4), but the Falcons (0-1, 0-1) lost to Laurel Highlands, 105-45.
Grimm picked up top honors in the 100 (13.0) and the 200 (27.5), and Marissa Adams won the 300 hurdles (53.3). Brianna Stouffer had the top throw in the javelin (95-111⁄2).
Melissa McCann led the Fillies (1-0, 1-0) with wins in the 400 (1:01.8) and the 800 (2:37). Marissa Deichart was tops in the 3,200 (12:16), and Abby Valek took the 100 hurdles (16.9). Elli Monaghan won the 1,600 (6:00).
Mariah Custer, Brstyn Yanick, Monaghan and McCann won the 3,200 relay (11:04). Lyricc King, Bri Steinberger, McCann and Valek teamed to win the 1,600 relay (4:32).
Alliyah Winfrey finished first in the triple jump (35-0). and Alyssa Winfrey won the long jump (16-11⁄4). Shelby Burns won the high jump (4-6) and Haley Lowry the shot put (29-5). Jordan Brewer led the way in the pole vault (8-6).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pens insider: Penalty killing a concern in Stanley Cup playoffs
- Kovacevic: Panic over Pirates? In April?
- Man found shot twice, dead in Larimer
- Connellsville starting early planning for Christmas
- Crash victim dies day after ‘horrific’ wreck in Armstrong County
- LaBar: WWE needs to be careful with Cesaro plans
- Deer Lakes Park drilling debate veers into ethics complaint
- Penguins’ Bylsma and Blue Jackets’ Richards know each other well
- Undersized rookie Gibbons is blur on ice for Penguins
- Patience pays off as starting pitcher Volquez gets 1st win for Pirates
- Rice cornerback among 3 draft prospects to visit Steelers