High school roundup: Falcons, Vikings baseball teams post wins
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Connellsville baseball team opened its season with a 3-0 victory over host Laurel Highlands on Saturday in a nonsection game. Trevor Farrell was the winning pitcher for the Falcons (1-0). Brock Bonadio, Cameron Bernhardt and Evan Onusko each doubled for Connellsville. The Falcons scored two runs in the third inning and added another in the fifth.
Mike Bochnak was the losing pitcher for the Mustangs (2-2).
Mt. Pleasant 8, Burrell 7 — The Vikings (2-1) rallied from a 7-5 deficit by scoring three runs in the bottom of the seventh Saturday over visiting Burrell in nonsection action.
Eric Clausen doubled, singled and had two RBI for Burrell (0-1).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Norwin High School health teacher charged with selling heroin
- Beaver County woman guilty in niece’s shooting
- Pirates notebook: Locke makes bid for final rotation spot, Tabata cut
- West Homestead man taken into custody after 8-hour standoff in Hempfield
- Homework: Pittsburgh Botanic Garden in North Fayette reopens
- Photo Gallery “Toddler and Preschool Fitness” at the Northland Public Library
- It’s time to think about planting cool-season vegetables
- Spring training breakdown: Pirates 4, Twins 2
- Pittsburgh comic Billy Gardell steps up his game with Monopoly host gig
- City, county leaders say Heinz plan to keep HQ in Pittsburgh
- Freshman arrested in Burrell High School bomb threat