High school roundup: Falcons, Vikings baseball teams post wins
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Connellsville baseball team opened its season with a 3-0 victory over host Laurel Highlands on Saturday in a nonsection game. Trevor Farrell was the winning pitcher for the Falcons (1-0). Brock Bonadio, Cameron Bernhardt and Evan Onusko each doubled for Connellsville. The Falcons scored two runs in the third inning and added another in the fifth.
Mike Bochnak was the losing pitcher for the Mustangs (2-2).
Mt. Pleasant 8, Burrell 7 — The Vikings (2-1) rallied from a 7-5 deficit by scoring three runs in the bottom of the seventh Saturday over visiting Burrell in nonsection action.
Eric Clausen doubled, singled and had two RBI for Burrell (0-1).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police identify driver in North Side crash that killed pregnant woman
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Turkey Trot runners turn out to burn calories despite chilly Pittsburgh temps
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Apartment development outlined for former Schenley High School in Pittsburgh
- Starkey: Rutherford will add when timing’s right
- Pitt plays best game of the season in rout of Kansas State
- Queen of crime writing P.D. James dies at 94
- Comeau’s hat trick leads Penguins; Crosby reaches 800 career points
- Defying the odds makes this Thanksgiving particularly poignant
- Blairsville judge accused in hit-run set to enter program for 1st-time offenders