High school roundup: Falcons, Vikings baseball teams post wins
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Connellsville baseball team opened its season with a 3-0 victory over host Laurel Highlands on Saturday in a nonsection game. Trevor Farrell was the winning pitcher for the Falcons (1-0). Brock Bonadio, Cameron Bernhardt and Evan Onusko each doubled for Connellsville. The Falcons scored two runs in the third inning and added another in the fifth.
Mike Bochnak was the losing pitcher for the Mustangs (2-2).
Mt. Pleasant 8, Burrell 7 — The Vikings (2-1) rallied from a 7-5 deficit by scoring three runs in the bottom of the seventh Saturday over visiting Burrell in nonsection action.
Eric Clausen doubled, singled and had two RBI for Burrell (0-1).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jerome Bettis to be enshrined in hall of fame
- Familiar Downtown Pittsburgh presence lost arm, leg to train
- Tennessee quarterback Peterman considers transfer to Pitt
- Snow, freezing rain, bitter cold coming to Western Pa.
- Gulls fleeing frozen Great Lakes fill skies over Pittsburgh’s Point
- Suggestions are aplenty on what Penguins need to break through
- Starkey: Pitt needs this version of James Robinson
- Pitt upsets No. 8 Notre Dame to snap losing streak
- Penguins minor league notebook: Rookie Wilson emerges as 3rd-line NHL prospect
- Mt. Washington renovation is a labor of love
- Game Commission deals with tree stands, blinds left behind