Southmoreland baseball team doubles up Apollo-Ridge
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Winning pitcher Brian Shaffer fired a five-hitter to lead the Southmoreland baseball team to an 8-4 nonsection win over Apollo-Ridge on Monday at Pullman Park in Butler.
Shaffer struck out seven and walked one. Shaffer also doubled for the Scotties (1-1), who scored three runs in the second and fourth innings before adding two runs in the seventh.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Quarantine fears jeopardize volunteer work in Ebola-stricken West Africa
- Young leads Pitt’s new-look lineup past IUP in exhibition opener
- Penn State renews ‘rivalry’ with Big Ten foe Maryland
- Peters Township boys top USC to win back-to-back WPIAL Class AAA titles
- Mt. Pleasant steamrolls Shady Side Academy, 38-0
- Woodland Hills’ potent rushing attack deflates North Hills, 41-2
- Steelers defense takes aim at Ravens QB Flacco
- Central Catholic fights its way through decisive win over Norwin
- West Allegheny’s stout defense paves way for 38-0 victory over Knoch
- Penguins GM Rutherford: Malkin’s play belies fact he missed training camp
- Steelers notebook: Ravens enter short-handed at tight end