Sewickley area roundup: QV hockey players honored
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Quaker Valley hockey players Clayton Bouchard, Ryan Lottes and Adam Pilewicz were named to the North American Prospects Hockey League All-Academic teams last week.
Bouchard, a senior, and Lottes, a junior, were named to the U18 All-Academic team. Pilewicz, a sophomore defenseman, was named to the U16 All-Academic team. All three are members of the NAPHL's Pittsburgh Predators amateur team, in addition to their play with the PIHL Penguins Cup champion Quaker Valley varsity team.
Monday, Pilewicz was picked to the All-PHL first team, and Lottes was named to the All-PHL second team.
Washington & Jefferson midfielder Kelsey Kraus is having a strong senior season.
The Quaker Valley grad has recorded 16 goals and four assists, second to only Brittany Fredkin's 29 points for the Presidents. Washington & Jefferson is off to a 2-6 start to the 2013 season.
Carnegie Mellon junior Ian Bangor will compete at the Mid-Atlantic Regionals in Hershey starting Sunday. The Sewickley Academy graduate is averaging 72.9 strokes per 18 holes through 13 rounds and has recorded four top 10 finishes — both team bests.
High school lacrosse
The Sewickley Academy boys lacrosse team suffered two losses on its trip south last week.
The Panthers fell to Washington D.C.'s Georgetown Prep, 15-4, and to Maryland's Leonardtown, 9-8.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ backups ready to run
- Pregnant woman struck by van in North Side dies; doctors save baby
- Millions in pollution fines went unused for decades in Allegheny County
- Prison phone cost to drop 70% in Pa.
- West Virginia whips VMI, off to best start since 2009-10 season
- Group’s proposed fracking moratorium for Allegheny County parks to go on council agenda
- Dinners, other Thanksgiving events planned in region
- Starkey: Rutherford will add when timing’s right
- Rare surgery helps woman beat paralysis
- Miami coach Golden shrugs off recent losses as Pitt visits
- WPIAL seniors embrace final home game at Penn State