Local roundup: Southmoreland drops section game
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Michael Wise delivered a game-winning single in the bottom of the seventh as the Jeannette baseball team rallied from a 3-2 deficit to defeat visiting Southmoreland, 4-3 in a Section 4-AA game Wednesday. Jordan Edmunds collected three doubles for the Jayhawks (1-0, 1-0). Jordan Nalevanko was the winning pitcher.
The Scotties (2-2, 0-1) were trailing, 2-0, but rallied with three runs in the top of the seventh to take their first lead of the game. Michael Baird was the losing pitcher.
Greensburg Salem 1, Mt. Pleasant 0 — Claire Oberdorf hit a solo homer in the sixth inning to lead the Golden Lions (2-0, 2-0) to a Section 4-AAA win over visiting Mt. Pleasant. Jayne Oberdorf was the winning pitcher.
Mt. Pleasant outhit Greensburg Salem, 5-3. Ashley Pospisil took the loss for the Vikings (2-1, 1-1).
Thomas Jefferson 8, Southmoreland 1 — Vanessa Richards hit a solo homer in the third, but the Scotties (1-1, 1-1) fell to host Thomas Jefferson in Section 3-AAA. Kristen Suhan was the losing pitcher.
Kyla Prickett doubled as part of Thomas Jefferson's 12-hit attack. The Jaguars (1-0, 1-0) scored six runs in the second inning. Janelle Allison fired a two-hitter and was the winning pitcher.
Southmoreland 5, Washington 0— The Scotties (7-0, 4-0) remained undefeated with a shutout win over the host Prexies in Section 1-AA. Tyler Fox, Kevin Bundridge and Luke Zeleznik won first through third singles, respectively.
Henry Riley and Davis Simon posted the win at first doubles before Adam Snyder and Adam Hernley completed the victory with a win in second doubles.
Mt. Pleasant 5, McKeesport 0 — Alex Temple, Hunter Rinaldi and Noah Chovanec each scored a singles win as the Vikings (2-1) posted a nonsection victory over visiting McKeesport. The match was played in pro sets.
Jacob Trout and Jeremy Simms won first doubles. Ryan Dombrosky and Stephen Vidacovich notched the victory at second doubles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Many Penguins free agents expected to depart
- More witness intimidation charges filed against Plum teacher
- Scaife trustees seek dismissal of siblings’ lawsuit
- American Airlines manager arrested in Pittsburgh on sex crimes charges
- Suspected allies of beach gunman arrested in Tunisia
- Kuwait mosque bomber slipped security watch in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain
- Shady Side Academy graduate Harchelroad excels in 3 sports
- Penguins re-sign defenseman Cole to 3-year deal
- Deer reporting failures spark debate for Pa. Game Commission
- Scouts think Penguins could regain luster with minor tinkering
- High school notebook: Hempfield softball star Ryan commits to Notre Dame