Drotar helps boost Pine-Richland lacrosse team
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Lady Rams lacrosse team rebounded from its first loss to Peters Township by beating visiting Fox Chapel, 15-6.
The Lady Foxes jumped out to an early 3-0 lead six minutes in, but after a Pine-Richland timeout, the Rams' defense locked down and only allowed three goals in the remaining 44 minutes of the game.
Anchoring the defense was returning starter Emily Thill, Megan Rains, Kim Lubic and Brighid Kortyna.
The offense emerged with a run of four unanswered goals to take the lead, and the Lady Rams never looked back.
Goalie Kaelin Clogan had 16 saves, and the defense forced six turnovers.
Scoring was spread out among five offensive players.
Top scorers for the night were Tess Drotar (eight goals, two assists) and Maddy Collins (four goals, three assists). Hannah Christenson, Leah Reimer and Taylor Thene scored a goal each.
Pine-Richland 21, Franklin Regional 11
The Lady Rams traveled to Franklin Regional in a section matchup.
The Rams came out strong and established an early lead, 4-0, before the Panthers took a timeout.
Key on the draw control were seniors Christenson and Monica Ewansik.
The pressure continued as the Rams led at the half, 10-2.
The Lady Panthers started the second half with intensity as they attempted to rally, however the saves by goalie Clogan shut down the net. The final score was 21-11.
Drotar had six goals and four assists, Christenson logged five goals and an assist, Thene scored four goals to go with one assist, Collins tallied three goals and two assists, Blayne Brachocki scored twice and Annie Kukieza notched a goal.
The Rams' record is 6-1 overall, 5-0 in section play with one section opponent left (North Allegheny) before the second round of section play begins.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Authorities recover rifle used to kill Westmoreland police officer
- Kane turns to former Maryland attorney general to lead porn email probe
- Chicago mayor fires police chief in wake of video release
- Founder of Z&M Cycle Sales in Hempfield killed in Florida motorcycle crash
- Starkey: Tomlin lived in his fears
- 2,200 union employees of ATI lose coverage
- Steelers receiver Wheaton takes advantage of opportunity in breakout game
- Film session: Long shots dotted Steelers’ passing game
- Slain St. Clair officer walked into ‘worst nightmare’ for police
- Woman gets probation in deadly shooting outside Pittsburgh bar
- 7 percent in Allegheny County allowed to carry concealed gun