Daily Courier roundup: Connellsville softball blanks Baldwin
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Connellsville softball team scored four runs in the third inning then followed up with six runs in the fourth on its way to a 10-0 win in five innings over visiting Baldwin (8-5) in a nonsection game Saturday.
Kara Butler doubled and knocked in a pair of runs, and Jackie Cramer tripled and drove in a run. Cramer was also the winning pitcher.
Kelsi Burkholder collected two RBIs, and Jena Bukovac, Rachel Oplinger, Taylor Childs and Taylor Ridley each had one RBI for the Falcons (5-7).
WCCA meet — Mt. Pleasant's Kady Donitzon finished first overall and tied a record with a leap of 5 feet, 5 inches in the high jump at Saturday's Westmoreland County Coaches Association Meet at Latrobe.
Jordan Toohey finished fourth in the 200 (27.26) and fifth in the 100 (13.20). Eileen Brady was fourth in the shot put (34-2 1⁄2). Kasey Brown took sixth in the 300 hurdles (51.55), and Keri Kunkle placed sixth in the javelin (106-11).
Tyler Kolar was the champion of the pole vault (14-0) to lead the Mt. Pleasant boys team. Cody Monroe had a second-place finish in the triple jump (43-4) and long jump (22-2) and a third-place showing in the javelin (166-4). Eric Klejka was second in the shot put (49-7).
Southmoreland's Emily Lessman took second in the high jump (5-3). Brooke Zimmerman was fourth in the 100 hurdles (17.25), and Tara Ritz placed sixth in the 100 hurdles (17.52).
Kevin Bundridge paced the Southmoreland boys team with a fourth-place finish in the high jump (5-11). Ben Bickerton took fifth in the 3200 (10:17.19), and Josh Dei was fifth in the 800 (2:03.49). Randy Ohler placed sixth in the 400 (53.08).
Mt. Pleasant placed fifth in the boys meet, and Southmoreland was 12th. In the girls meet, Mt. Pleasant was seventh, and Southmoreland was 11th. Hempfield won the boys and girls team titles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers trade punter Wing to Giants for pick
- 4-year-old transplant recipient Angelo Giorno dies, hospital says
- Pitt forward Maia injured during workouts
- Police seek 2 in Derry Twp. luring attempt
- Pittsburgh Mayor Peduto: Public has stake in Penguins
- Dozen injured when dump truck rear-ends Port Authority bus near Rankin Bridge
- Experts warn Kane’s Haiti trip might jeopardize any case from 2014 wiretap
- Steelers laud decision, praise Brady for taking on Goodell
- With most starters resting, Steelers turn in lackluster loss at Heinz
- Young guns lead way into pivotal Pirates-Cardinals series
- Federal tax-fraud investigation appears to be closing in on North Hills businessman