Daily Courier roundup:
By Staff Reports
Published: Tuesday, April 30, 2013, 11:03 p.m.
Kelsey Holp hit three singles, and Andrea Lash added a triple as the Frazier softball team defeated host Serra in a Section 2-A game on Tuesday. Lash was also the winning pitcher for the Commodores (14-2, 12-1).
Morgan Willaman homered and Sam Andrekancic doubled for Serra (9-5, 8-5).
Mt. Pleasant 15, D erry 4 — Paige Hertzog homered and Emily Uhlin and Lindsay Pehrson each had three hits as the Vikings (11-6, 10-2) scored a Section 4-AAA win over host Derry in five innings. Jocelyn Gula was the winning pitcher.
Mylee Moyher took the loss for the Trojans (0-12, 0-11).
Norwin 4, Con nellsville 0 — Maddy Miller doubled and was the winning pitcher as the Knights (9-5, 6-5) beat the visiting Falcons in Section 1-AAAA.
Jackie Cramer doubled for Connellsville (5-8, 4-8).
Shady Side Academy 1 5, Southmoreland 4 — Michael Baird had two singles and drove in a run, but the Scotties (5-10, 2-8) fell to host Shady Side Academy in five innings in Section 4-AA.
Paul McCullough had three hits, including a double, and Chucky Scales tripled for Shady Side Academy (10-4, 6-2). Jake Kleindl posted a complete-game victory.
McGuffey 4, Mt. Pleasant 1 — Jeremy Simms and Brandon Harclerode notched a win at No. 2 doubles, but the Vikings (4-7) lost to the host Highlanders (6-6) in Section 1-AA.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers coach Tomlin fined $100K by NFL
- Penguins notebook: Sill thrives on penalty kill
- Woman allegedly supplied alcohol at party
- Armed robbers hit BP service station
- Connellsville’s St. Rita’s Christian Mothers prepare for cookie sale
- Pirates’ Snider talks about surgery, rebuilding swing
- Starkey: Tomlin imposter fuels conspiracy theories
- 3 accomplices to plead guilty to murder, torture of mentally challenged Mt. Pleasant woman
- Holiday parade to be held Saturday in Mt. Pleasant
- Former postmaster pleads guilty
- Washington County to seek proposals for natural gas drilling under Mingo Creek Park