Daily Courier roundup:
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Kelsey Holp hit three singles, and Andrea Lash added a triple as the Frazier softball team defeated host Serra in a Section 2-A game on Tuesday. Lash was also the winning pitcher for the Commodores (14-2, 12-1).
Morgan Willaman homered and Sam Andrekancic doubled for Serra (9-5, 8-5).
Mt. Pleasant 15, Derry 4— Paige Hertzog homered and Emily Uhlin and Lindsay Pehrson each had three hits as the Vikings (11-6, 10-2) scored a Section 4-AAA win over host Derry in five innings. Jocelyn Gula was the winning pitcher.
Mylee Moyher took the loss for the Trojans (0-12, 0-11).
Norwin 4, Connellsville 0— Maddy Miller doubled and was the winning pitcher as the Knights (9-5, 6-5) beat the visiting Falcons in Section 1-AAAA.
Jackie Cramer doubled for Connellsville (5-8, 4-8).
Shady SideAcademy 15, Southmoreland 4 — Michael Baird had two singles and drove in a run, but the Scotties (5-10, 2-8) fell to host Shady Side Academy in five innings in Section 4-AA.
Paul McCullough had three hits, including a double, and Chucky Scales tripled for Shady Side Academy (10-4, 6-2). Jake Kleindl posted a complete-game victory.
McGuffey 4, Mt. Pleasant 1 — Jeremy Simms and Brandon Harclerode notched a win at No. 2 doubles, but the Vikings (4-7) lost to the host Highlanders (6-6) in Section 1-AA.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Locke pitches 8 scoreless innings as Pirates edge Indians
- Art Institute of Pittsburgh offers different kind of ‘Magic’ show
- Butler County continues to experience population growth
- Opera Theater’s Summerfest ranges from classics to world premiere
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Indians, July 5, 2015
- Natrona Heights man’s work helps lure purple martins back to Harrison Hills Park
- Change buildings, but don’t shortchange them
- Road Trip! Destination: The Merritt Parkway, Conn.
- Cooking Class: Pork and Cabbage Potstickers at Everyday Noodles
- Government contractor FCi Federal expands into Butler
- California woman’s tale of Army Reserve service told in Sen. McCain’s book