Daily Courier roundup:
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Kelsey Holp hit three singles, and Andrea Lash added a triple as the Frazier softball team defeated host Serra in a Section 2-A game on Tuesday. Lash was also the winning pitcher for the Commodores (14-2, 12-1).
Morgan Willaman homered and Sam Andrekancic doubled for Serra (9-5, 8-5).
Mt. Pleasant 15, Derry 4— Paige Hertzog homered and Emily Uhlin and Lindsay Pehrson each had three hits as the Vikings (11-6, 10-2) scored a Section 4-AAA win over host Derry in five innings. Jocelyn Gula was the winning pitcher.
Mylee Moyher took the loss for the Trojans (0-12, 0-11).
Norwin 4, Connellsville 0— Maddy Miller doubled and was the winning pitcher as the Knights (9-5, 6-5) beat the visiting Falcons in Section 1-AAAA.
Jackie Cramer doubled for Connellsville (5-8, 4-8).
Shady SideAcademy 15, Southmoreland 4 — Michael Baird had two singles and drove in a run, but the Scotties (5-10, 2-8) fell to host Shady Side Academy in five innings in Section 4-AA.
Paul McCullough had three hits, including a double, and Chucky Scales tripled for Shady Side Academy (10-4, 6-2). Jake Kleindl posted a complete-game victory.
McGuffey 4, Mt. Pleasant 1 — Jeremy Simms and Brandon Harclerode notched a win at No. 2 doubles, but the Vikings (4-7) lost to the host Highlanders (6-6) in Section 1-AA.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Elsie Hillman, philanthropist and one-time GOP powerhouse, dies at 89
- Steelers defensive end Tuitt shifts into high gear
- Rossi: Pirates foolish to bet on Burnett return
- Suspect in Dormont robbery caught after he falls into storm-swollen creek
- Westmoreland girl tells trooper a stranger fondled her in Herminie alley
- Steelers notebook: No decision on surgery for rookie CB Golson
- Man accused of killing Brookline woman denied bail
- Steelers’ Mitchell taking cautious approach about dealing with injuries
- Rain postpones Pirates-Cubs game
- Perfect storm rains heroin, pain pills onto Mon Valley
- Operating loss mounts at Highmark’s core hospital system