Daily Courier roundup:
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Kelsey Holp hit three singles, and Andrea Lash added a triple as the Frazier softball team defeated host Serra in a Section 2-A game on Tuesday. Lash was also the winning pitcher for the Commodores (14-2, 12-1).
Morgan Willaman homered and Sam Andrekancic doubled for Serra (9-5, 8-5).
Mt. Pleasant 15, D erry 4 — Paige Hertzog homered and Emily Uhlin and Lindsay Pehrson each had three hits as the Vikings (11-6, 10-2) scored a Section 4-AAA win over host Derry in five innings. Jocelyn Gula was the winning pitcher.
Mylee Moyher took the loss for the Trojans (0-12, 0-11).
Norwin 4, Con nellsville 0 — Maddy Miller doubled and was the winning pitcher as the Knights (9-5, 6-5) beat the visiting Falcons in Section 1-AAAA.
Jackie Cramer doubled for Connellsville (5-8, 4-8).
Shady Side Academy 1 5, Southmoreland 4 — Michael Baird had two singles and drove in a run, but the Scotties (5-10, 2-8) fell to host Shady Side Academy in five innings in Section 4-AA.
Paul McCullough had three hits, including a double, and Chucky Scales tripled for Shady Side Academy (10-4, 6-2). Jake Kleindl posted a complete-game victory.
McGuffey 4, Mt. Pleasant 1 — Jeremy Simms and Brandon Harclerode notched a win at No. 2 doubles, but the Vikings (4-7) lost to the host Highlanders (6-6) in Section 1-AA.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Ohio offensive lineman verbally commits to Pitt
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Love locks tokens fall prey to renovations on Pittsburgh bridges
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds
- Pa. judge identified who denied Trib request to view sexually explicit emails circulated in AG’s Office