Daily Courier roundup: Frazier softball clinches section title
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Alexis Livingstone doubled twice, and Monica Joseph tripled and singled as the Frazier softball team defeated visiting California, 13-1, in five innings in Section 2-A play Thursday. The Commodores (15-2, 13-1) clinched a share of the section title with Carmichaels. Andrea Lash and Alexus Eicher each had two singles for Frazier. Lash tossed a four-hitter to earn the win.
Southmoreland 13, Yough 2 — The Scotties (6-7, 6-6) scored eight runs in the third inning on their way to a Section 3-AAA win over the host Cougars (7-9, 5-7). Kristen Suhan was the winning pitcher for Southmoreland. Macy Mularski took the loss for Yough.
Greensburg Central Catholic 15, So uthmoreland 8 — Mitch Ridenour and Doug Leighty each had a double, but the Scotties (6-11, 3-9) fell to host Greensburg Central Catholic in a Section 4-AA game. Max Ridenour was the losing pitcher.
Andrew Lipniskis singled twice and tripled, and Collin Liberatore had a pair of doubles for the Centurions (10-4, 8-3). Matt Oleyar tallied three singles, and winning pitcher Sean Bialecki produced a double.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- VND High school football notebook: Local flavor enhances Penn Hills, other playoff teams
- LaBar: Updated WWE Network numbers, its future
- ‘Bend and dent’ store opening in Rural Valley
- Emaciated Lab-collie mix found in garbage bag in New Stanton
- How to avoid Amazon and still get deals
- Bullskin supervisors award bids for Spruce Hollow Road bridge project
- Pirates likely to seek pitcher, catcher when free agency starts
- Homewood welcomes nonprofit Animal Rescue League’s new shelter, clinic
- Few knew of cyber attack on White House computer network
- Hackers’ new Dyre malware infects W.Pa. computers, vexes FBI cyber agents
- 5 Cal U football players arrested for assault; Saturday’s game canceled