Daily Courier roundup: Frazier softball clinches section title
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Alexis Livingstone doubled twice, and Monica Joseph tripled and singled as the Frazier softball team defeated visiting California, 13-1, in five innings in Section 2-A play Thursday. The Commodores (15-2, 13-1) clinched a share of the section title with Carmichaels. Andrea Lash and Alexus Eicher each had two singles for Frazier. Lash tossed a four-hitter to earn the win.
Southmoreland 13, Yough 2 — The Scotties (6-7, 6-6) scored eight runs in the third inning on their way to a Section 3-AAA win over the host Cougars (7-9, 5-7). Kristen Suhan was the winning pitcher for Southmoreland. Macy Mularski took the loss for Yough.
Greensburg Central Catholic 15, Southmoreland 8— Mitch Ridenour and Doug Leighty each had a double, but the Scotties (6-11, 3-9) fell to host Greensburg Central Catholic in a Section 4-AA game. Max Ridenour was the losing pitcher.
Andrew Lipniskis singled twice and tripled, and Collin Liberatore had a pair of doubles for the Centurions (10-4, 8-3). Matt Oleyar tallied three singles, and winning pitcher Sean Bialecki produced a double.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- Penguins rally in wake of Dupuis injury
- Philadelphia murder suspect nabbed in Braddock
- Wolf still seeking to raise income tax, impose tax on shale-gas drilling
- State Supreme Court concludes hearing on UPMC-Highmark Medicare case
- Steelers’ Bryant returns from drug suspension, ‘won’t happen again’
- Fans out in force to rally for beloved Bucs
- New Steelers kicker Boswell ready for challenge at Heinz
- Starkey: Searage, Pirates ultra-confident
- Photos: Pets receive blessings at Sewickley church
- Eat’n Park sells Cura division that serves hospitals and senior living