Daily Courier roundup: Frazier softball clinches section title
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Alexis Livingstone doubled twice, and Monica Joseph tripled and singled as the Frazier softball team defeated visiting California, 13-1, in five innings in Section 2-A play Thursday. The Commodores (15-2, 13-1) clinched a share of the section title with Carmichaels. Andrea Lash and Alexus Eicher each had two singles for Frazier. Lash tossed a four-hitter to earn the win.
Southmoreland 13, Yough 2 — The Scotties (6-7, 6-6) scored eight runs in the third inning on their way to a Section 3-AAA win over the host Cougars (7-9, 5-7). Kristen Suhan was the winning pitcher for Southmoreland. Macy Mularski took the loss for Yough.
Greensburg Central Catholic 15, So uthmoreland 8 — Mitch Ridenour and Doug Leighty each had a double, but the Scotties (6-11, 3-9) fell to host Greensburg Central Catholic in a Section 4-AA game. Max Ridenour was the losing pitcher.
Andrew Lipniskis singled twice and tripled, and Collin Liberatore had a pair of doubles for the Centurions (10-4, 8-3). Matt Oleyar tallied three singles, and winning pitcher Sean Bialecki produced a double.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell aware of need to reduce penalties
- Stocks slammed as manufacturing slows in U.S., abroad
- Pirates analyst Kent Tekulve recovering after heart transplant
- Consol Energy cutting retiree health benefits, phasing out pension
- Pirates notebook: Nutting says team may ‘stretch’ for Martin
- Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Office seeks halt to sheriff’s sale of Conneaut Lake Park
- Fans flock to what they hope will continue ‘magical season’
- Jobs on state website include ‘private party dancing,’ ‘car dates’
- Knife-wielding man attacks 2 in Sheetz lot in Greensburg
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- U.S. pans Israeli housing project