Daily Courier roundup: Frazier softball clinches section title
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Alexis Livingstone doubled twice, and Monica Joseph tripled and singled as the Frazier softball team defeated visiting California, 13-1, in five innings in Section 2-A play Thursday. The Commodores (15-2, 13-1) clinched a share of the section title with Carmichaels. Andrea Lash and Alexus Eicher each had two singles for Frazier. Lash tossed a four-hitter to earn the win.
Southmoreland 13, Yough 2 — The Scotties (6-7, 6-6) scored eight runs in the third inning on their way to a Section 3-AAA win over the host Cougars (7-9, 5-7). Kristen Suhan was the winning pitcher for Southmoreland. Macy Mularski took the loss for Yough.
Greensburg Central Catholic 15, So uthmoreland 8 — Mitch Ridenour and Doug Leighty each had a double, but the Scotties (6-11, 3-9) fell to host Greensburg Central Catholic in a Section 4-AA game. Max Ridenour was the losing pitcher.
Andrew Lipniskis singled twice and tripled, and Collin Liberatore had a pair of doubles for the Centurions (10-4, 8-3). Matt Oleyar tallied three singles, and winning pitcher Sean Bialecki produced a double.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- Pirates trade Davis to A’s for international signing bonus money
- Pitt notebook: Chryst keeps Panthers motivated amid adversity
- Penn State notebook: Franklin shrugs off special-teams miscues
- Reality-based networks reaching into scripted TV
- North Side rowhouse burns, no injuries
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- Pop Culture Q&A: TLC’s ‘Little Couple,’ TNT’s ‘Last Ship’ both slated to return
- 1879 Founders’ Circle Dinner gives preview of Sigo Falk Collections Center
- U.S. proposes extending talks with Iran as pessimism about nuclear deal grows
- Police seek missing Penn Hills man