Daily Courier roundup: Frazier softball clinches section title
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Alexis Livingstone doubled twice, and Monica Joseph tripled and singled as the Frazier softball team defeated visiting California, 13-1, in five innings in Section 2-A play Thursday. The Commodores (15-2, 13-1) clinched a share of the section title with Carmichaels. Andrea Lash and Alexus Eicher each had two singles for Frazier. Lash tossed a four-hitter to earn the win.
Southmoreland 13, Yough 2 — The Scotties (6-7, 6-6) scored eight runs in the third inning on their way to a Section 3-AAA win over the host Cougars (7-9, 5-7). Kristen Suhan was the winning pitcher for Southmoreland. Macy Mularski took the loss for Yough.
Greensburg Central Catholic 15, Southmoreland 8— Mitch Ridenour and Doug Leighty each had a double, but the Scotties (6-11, 3-9) fell to host Greensburg Central Catholic in a Section 4-AA game. Max Ridenour was the losing pitcher.
Andrew Lipniskis singled twice and tripled, and Collin Liberatore had a pair of doubles for the Centurions (10-4, 8-3). Matt Oleyar tallied three singles, and winning pitcher Sean Bialecki produced a double.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins trade Sutter to Canucks, sign free agent center Fehr
- Pirates notebook: Prospect Tucker unaware of ‘trade’ frenzy
- Sutter: Staal effect felt on 3rd line
- New Pens winger Fehr ready for defense-first role
- 5 face trial in beating of black man in Pittsburgh
- Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell gets suspension, fine reduced
- Projects advance through Pittsburgh planning commission despite opposition
- Steelers RB Archer trying to catch up after tough rookie season
- Police officer taking job in Harmarville
- Boy youngest to receive double-hand transplant in Philadelphia
- Turks, Kurdish rebels deepen hostility