Daily Courier roundup: Connellsville softball wraps up season with win
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Kara Butler tripled, doubled and knocked in two runs as the Connellsville softball team concluded its season with an 8-4 nonsection win over visiting Laurel Highlands (7-8) on Friday. Jena Bukovac tripled and drove in a run, and Kaylee Bloom and Alyssa Orndorff each doubled. Victoria Culver, Jackie Cramer and Courtney Fisch each notched an RBI. Bloom was the winning pitcher for the Falcons (8-8).
Baldwin Invitational — Connellsville's Jacob Nichelson took sixth in the discus (153-06) at the Baldwin Invitational. Uniontown's Julie Friend won the 1,600 (5:12.07).
Little League Baseball
Bud Murphy's 3, CSX 0 — Cameron King doubled, and Camden Gonzalez had two singles as Bud Murphy's beat CSX in Connellsville Little League action. Micah Small and Nate Spaugy combined for 10 strikeouts on the mound.
Jonathan Keller doubled and was the losing pitcher with four strikeouts for CSX.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- WPIAL Class AAAA notebook: Pine-Richland has titles in 3 classifications
- The holiday season ushers in the gift of another layer of fashion — the coat
- Author DeKok’s ‘Murder in the Stacks’ looks at Penn State student’s 1969 killing
- Tire comes off, hits oncoming car, kills 1 on Route 28
- Pine-Richland tops defending champ Central Catholic to capture WPIAL title
- Report lays out red flags, failures in rearing of shooter at Conn. school
- Air Force reservist apparently settles firing lawsuit against U.S. Steel
- Former youth volunteer facing federal child pornography charges
- Dick Cavett memoir looks back on more than TV show
- The Word Guy: In formal prose, rely on ‘pleaded,’ not ‘pled’
- Carnegie boy gets to be mayor for a day