Baldwin lacrosse offense sharp in back-to-back wins
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Baldwin's boys' varsity lacrosse team generated back-to-back 15-point offensive outputs last week.
The result was a pair of impressive WPIAL Division II victories against Chartiers Valley, 15-8, and Latrobe, 15-6.
Baldwin improved to 9-4 on the year, and has two games remaining on the 2013 regular-season schedule.
The Highlanders closed out last week's action in second place in Section 2, a half-game behind another local squad, Seton-La Salle.
Against Latrobe, Baldwin's starting lineup consisted of seniors Jake Naylor and Rico Roberto, and junior Wes Richards, at the attacker positions; and senior Nicolas Tulenko, junior Matt Dieter and sophomore Andrew Hulsman, at midfield.
On defense, the starters were seniors Brian Betz, Nick Mitchell and Anthony Barbano, and junior Enzo Ruscitto; in front of junior goalkeeper Kevin Moore.
The Highlanders' leading reserves included a host of players, including Louie Reda, a senior attacker; Rocco Ruscitto, a sophomore midfielder; Joe Tulenko, a sophomore defenseman; Kaleb Reckley, a senior midfielder; Tony Thornton, a junior midfielder; Matt Pepper, a senior mifielder; Evan Snyder, a sophomore midfielder; Dylan Hipchen, a senior defenseman; Dan Goga, a junior defenseman; and Victory Murhpy, a senior midfielder.
The local squad, which lost at Fox Chapel earlier this week, 14-4, is slated to end its regular season next week with home games against Quaker Valley and Winchester-Thurston.
B-W Aquatics conducting swim clinic
Baldwin-Whitehall Aquatics will be conducting a six-day introduction to competitive swimming clinic at the Baldwin High School pool.
The clinic splashes off Monday at 7 p.m. Interested swimmers should be able to swim 25 yards freestyle and/or backstroke to be eligible to participate.
For questions or more details, visit www.baldwinwhitehallaquatics.com or call Mike Kosco at 412-884-2694.
Ray Fisher is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- PennDOT puts 14 Alle-Kiski Valley bridges on list to be replaced
- Freeport dock bid exceeds resources
- Harrison OKs antenna zoning change
- Steelers to bring LB Harrison out of retirement
- Steelers defense must replace three injured starters after victory
- Flag holders stolen off veterans’ graves in Lower Burrell cemetery
- Apollo-Ridge middle school library project gains STEAM
- Cloverleaf bridge work to resume after change
- Red Wings beat Penguins, 2-1, in preseason opener
- Liriano, McCutchen help Pirates to 1-0 win over Braves
- Steelers film session: Old-fashioned power football produces victory