Pine-Richland girls lacrosse team wins a pair of games
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Lady Rams continued section play by traveling to Nichol's Field and facing the Sewickley Lady Panthers.
The Lady Rams scored first with a goal from Hannah Christenson but were soon answered by the Lady Panthers. The defense, led by Emily Thill, Monica Ewansik, Megan Rains and Maura Flaherty, held strong, and anything that did get through was stymied by goalie Kaelin Clogan. The Lady Rams won twice as many draws as Sewickley, with Hannah Christenson, Tess Drotar, Monica Ewansik, Kim Lubic and Maddy Collins chipping in for a 13-8 win.
Scoring for the Lady Rams were Drotar (five goals, one assist), Christenson (three goals), Collins (two goals, two assists), Leah Reimer (one goal), Taylor Thene (one goal, two assists) and Lubic (a goal).
P-R 12, QV 7
The Lady Rams had a strong start to Thursday's section game against visiting Quaker Valley.
Ewansik, Rains, Flaherty and Brighid Kortyna contributed to a defense that forced 10 turnovers.
Two Lady Rams had hat tricks — Christenson and Drotar. More scoring depth was provided by Thene (two goals, two assists), Collins (two goals, one assist) and Annie Kukieza and Lubic (one goal apiece). Clogan made 11 saves. The Rams improved to 7-1, 6-0 in Division I, Section 2.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- New Kensington to convert tennis courts to dek hockey rink
- Critics claim state Attorney General Kane puts politics first
- Corbett, Wolf resort to sticks, stones to attract attention
- Fire at Flight 93 National Memorial hints at struggle to safeguard historic artifacts
- WPIAL football playoff clinchings
- Foundation arranges free maid service for women with cancer
- Lower Burrell man charged with shoplifting
- Penguins notebook: Carcillo has no hard feelings after failing to make roster
- Pens look to buck shots, goals trend